This job posting is no longer active
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
The SQA Automation Test Engineer will work under general supervision to monitor software quality and associated business/technical risks across the software development lifecycle and will be dedicated to support planning, developing test scripts, executing test scenarios, and analyzing results. This position requires strong reasoning, attention to detail, persistence, patience, and creativity. The individual will work with Developers, QA Analysts,Business Analyst, Database Administrators, Network Engineers, and support teams to analyze develop, maintain and execute automation test scripts.
* Create automated tests to cover regression, functional and integration test needs of Application Testing supported projects.
* Maintain test automation tools (HPUFT/HPALM) and processes which includes license management, training of current staff, sizing of application, and modeling of application in support of growth.
* Maintain suite of existing automated test cases and scripts, making updates and extending test coverage as project changes are made.
* Identify automated testing opportunities in support of Application Testing utilizing current and upcoming project schedules, existing manual test cases, project priorities, and expected return on effort.
* Perform comprehensive automated testing on multiple platform types including web based, client server, mainframe, and various vendor and legacy systems.
* Identify failed tests to determine and document defects, possible causes, and potential solutions.
* Create, modify, and/or locate the data and conditions needed to execute automated test cases.
* Responsible for enhancing HP Test Automation Framework using advanced techniques such as hybrid, key-word/data –driven and API framework methodologies.
* Create and Maintain shared object repository/databases, reusable components, functions and libraries to reduce maintenance costs, increase efficiency and scalability. Facilitate in the integration opportunities for the manual and automated test tools.
* Develop and use effective automated test script design standards with the objectives of maximizing reusability and maintainability.
* Maintain test automation tools (HPUFT/HPALM) and processes which includes license management, training of current staff, sizing of application and modeling of application in support of growth.
* Work with Developers and Vendor teams to understand project requirements and create real-world test cases and use cases.
* Report defects found in testing accurately, using standard defect tracking tools (HP ALM).
* Perform data analysis when needed to support the data requirements for scripts.
* Assist with maintenance and general administrative tasks on Application Testing toolsets.
* Assist ISD Analyst to certify system testing complete and ready for Production.
* Act as independent lead on automation testing efforts.
* Serve as consultant to Enterprise Software analysts in assessing the feasibility of incorporating new and existing automation to projects.
* Timely and accurate communication of testing events, daily status, and test execution results, etc.
* Work closely and support the coordination effort of other QA team members in primary locations.
* Make recommendations to improve testing process.
* Participate in the selection, evaluation, and management of testing tools.
* Possesses effective oral and written communication skills. Assists with vendor, customer, or management contacts and communications pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
* Ability to work on multiple projects of moderate size or parts of major projects.
* Assists upper level management and staff as a technical specialist or advisor.
Qualifications -- All required unless otherwise noted:
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or the equivalent combination of training, Education, and experience.
* Experience that demonstrates a clear understanding of automation testing.
* At least 6 years of strong experience with HP Unified Functional Testing(HP UFT) or HP Quick Test Professional(HP QTP) and HP ALM.
* At least 3 years of experience with Webservices testing.
* Experience working in Java and .Net based environments.
* Experience working in Mainframe environment.
* Experience with various browser and OS testing.
* Over 4 plus years of JAVA scripting experience.
* Experience in developing scripts using Java and Selenium.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability