This job posting is no longer active
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
Performs routine maintenance, repairs and other related duties for Navy Federal buildings and facilities. Assists with furniture and equipment moves and event setups/tear downs.
1. Maintains and repairs buildings and facilities to ensure efficient and effective facility operations.
* Interacts with management or staff requesting repair or problem resolution; inspects affected area to determine appropriate action; completes action or escalates to skilled trade technician or contractor.
* Completes work orders from facility management system which may include: installation of carpet, grommets and floor tile; repair and maintenance of drywall partitions, door hardware, office furniture, drop ceilings, floor and wall finishes and restroom fixtures.
* Assists skilled trade technicians with construction, alteration, installation, repair and maintenance of buildings, fixtures and components; prepares the necessary tools, supplies, equipment, and materials used for facility projects as instructed.
* Assists with grounds maintenance and grounds projects.
* Prepares and maintains supply inventory, equipment (hand/portable power and trade tools) and shop and storage areas.
* Runs errands; picks up and delivers supplies.
2. Assists business groups with implementing employee moves following designated timelines and logistics plans.
* Reviews floor plans to determine location of furniture installations.
* Dismantles and relocates office furniture and equipment.
* Assembles and adjusts furniture.
* Follows up with customer to ensure requirements are met.
3. Assists with event setups and tear downs either on- or off-site to support organization initiatives (e.g. town hall meetings, ERA activities, member drives, car sales, 5Ks, etc).
* Provides input on logistics of moving supplies, furniture and equipment to designated areas.
* Sets up supplies, furniture and equipment as planned; resolves unusual situations or problems that occur during the setup process.
* After event, tears down furniture and equipment and removes remaining supplies or trash to ensure site is left in its original state.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Performs preventive maintenance and repairs and laborer tasks
* Typically receives guidance and instruction from Maintenance Services Assistant II
Unusual Working Conditions:
Work may be performed inside/outside. Work may be dirty, dusty, greasy or noisy. The incumbent may incur cuts and bruises and may work in tiring or uncomfortable positions. Work schedule may vary to support events. This is an essential position requiring the incumbent to be called to work in the event of an emergency.
Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Working knowledge of building plans and drawings
* Valid driver’s license
* Ability to work from ladders, platforms and areas that are hard to reach
* Ability to lift, move and set up tools, equipment and furniture weighing in excess of 50 pounds
* Basic knowledge of assembly and dismantling of office and systems furniture
* Working knowledge of hand tools, portable power tools and trade tools
* Effective interpersonal and verbal communication skills
Knowledge of Navy Federal facilities policies and procedures
Bank Secrecy Section
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 2:30 PM – 11:00 PM CST
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability