YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To provide actionable business intelligence in consultation with management and associated partners for use in ongoing credit card portfolio management activities. Utilize industry best practices and data driven decision making to create optimum solutions that improve portfolio health/performance. Conduct analytical studies to provide results/recommendations to senior management for credit card department and enterprise-wide strategic initiatives. Collaborate with internal/external stakeholders to ensure effective management of projects from inception through implementation. Considered a key contributor and thought leader on highly complex initiatives and projects.
• Evaluate strategic and operational efficiency and effectiveness of consumer credit card portfolio via data analysis and application of industry knowledge
• Develop dashboards and independent analysis to maintain performance metrics, measurements, methods, and targets related to department and enterprise goals
• Analyze and evaluate competitor data and industry trends to understand current portfolio competitive posture
• Brainstorm, design, develop, implement, and manage new credit card programs and products that improve cardholder value and drive portfolio growth
• Manage projects from concept through the planning, analysis, design, testing, implementation, and transition phases in partnership with various internal/external stakeholders
• Identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to the credit card portfolio and make requisite recommendations to senior leadership to address identified gaps
• Develop robust segmentation frameworks and cohort analyses to identify gaps/opportunities in portfolio performance
• Provide guidance and advice to management on the most effective and efficient use of resources to drive credit card acquisitions, card usage and cost efficiencies
• Collect and analyze data; synthesize results of multiple data sources to make recommendations based on the full spectrum of internal/external considerations
• Use data warehousing/business intelligence toolsets to gather, store, and provide access to data and assist management in decision making
• Collaborate with business units and senior management to conduct needs assessment to support organization strategies, tactics, and learning solutions that support business unit objectives
• Collaborate with internal partners and management to effectively forecast portfolio growth based on understanding of current economic conditions and industry regulation
• Develop a clear and concise “big picture” of projects within Credit Card Products that aligns with Navy Federal organizational goals and priorities
• Conduct ad-hoc analysis and address questions coming directly from senior leadership in a timely manner
• Lead, guide, and mentor less experienced team members
• Extensive experience in the application of quantitative analysis, data driven decision making, forecasting, cost-benefit analysis, and related analytical practices
• Expert skill analyzing and interpreting massive data sets to determine portfolio performance and trends
• Extensive experience in market/consumer research, project management, and analysis in support of development of new credit card products and programs
• Extensive experience in managing cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams and projects of the highest complexity which have portfolio and member-facing risk
• Extensive experience in managing multiple priorities and projects independently, at the same time, to achieve results and meet goals
• Expert skill verbally presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives, and information clearly and concisely to senior leaders and business unit decision makers
• Extensive experience demonstrating thought-leadership, initiative-taking, decision-making and creativity in solving business problems
• Extensive experience in problem resolution including determining root cause, scope, and scale of issues
• Advanced communication skills including expert business writing and verbal executive level presenting
• Advanced knowledge of domain-specific and programming languages including SQL, SAS, Python, etc.
• Advanced knowledge of analytical tools including DBMSs, spreadsheets, and data visualization software such as Tableau and Power BI
• Ability to operate in a fast paced, high impact environment that evolves with the broader economy and ever-changing needs of membership
• Desired - Master’s Degree in a related field
• Desired - Experience managing complex credit portfolios; has led new product/program R&D as it relates to positioning, pricing, risk, and cost efficiency measures
• Desired - Significant knowledge of project lifecycles and management methodologies
• Desired - Working knowledge of Navy Federal Human Resources policies, procedures, and programs
• Desired - Working knowledge of object-oriented principles
• Desired - PMP Certification (or commensurate experience managing corporate-wide projects)
• Desired- Experience or knowledge in the financial services industry
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $85,500 - $146,300 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 03/31/2023
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.