YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
The Learning & Talent Development department is an enterprise-wide strategic learning team serving all employees by providing high-impact development opportunities to support leaders, departments and the organization.
To gain valuable insight into Navy Federal’s business, technology, resources and procedures by providing support in the Learning & Talent Development department, while applying knowledge and education to on-the-job opportunities. Participate in a collaborative, team-driven network and interact with multiple departments. The ideal candidate is conscientious, detail-oriented, and a team player with high learning agility and the desire to combine theory and best practices with practical, hands-on experience. The intern will acquire valuable professional experience supporting a corporate learning function through independent and collaborative team projects, while receiving guidance and direction from the team and management. This is a Year-Round, full or part–time, flexible internship based on school schedule.
****A requirement of this position is you must be currently enrolled in college level courses or a degree-seeking program throughout the duration of the internship. Please upload your transcripts by clicking the “Attach Cover Letter" button during your application.
• Provide support to the Learning & Talent Development department; may work on small projects or portions of
• Support the coordination and communications for New Employee Orientation and other department initiatives
• Author strategy-focused communications to team, department and/or enterprise-wide audiences
• Propose creative approaches for marketing Learning & Talent Development resources, events and programs
to diverse audiences
• Manage the coordination of multiple communications plans to ensure timely completion of action items and
appropriate connection of like-opportunities
• Support business strategy and initiatives within the business unit and/or across the organization
• Assist and collaborate with various levels of staff to accomplish tasks/assignments
• Maintain professionalism in all interactions, placing customer service as priority
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Must be pursuing a degree from an accredited college/university
• Exemplary interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Exemplary written communication skills
• Effective research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Effective skill in maintaining accuracy with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
• Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment to make sound decisions
• Ability to approach opportunities with creative and innovative solutions
• Ability to take on multiple projects and manage varied priorities
• Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to communicate with impact and a commitment to self-development
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM 20-40 hours/week, Flexible for classes
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526
141 Security Drive, Winchester, VA 22602 | 295 Bendix Road, Suite 250, Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $15.00 - $27.20 hourly
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. Within this range, pay will be determined based on factors such as individual qualifications, location, and market position.
Posting End Date: 04/16/23
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.