YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To design, develop, implement, and maintain new IT solutions, or changes/enhancements to existing solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies.
• Assist Technical Product Analysts with the analysis, definition, and documentation for requirements / user-stories for workflow and other logical processes, identify when and how to interface with other systems (on-prem and cloud-native), and understand all aspects of a proposed solution
• Provide Sr. Developer level assistance with application development solutions, ex: refactoring, code reviews and changes, recommendations on code performance and improvements.
• In conjunction with Solution Architects, identify business requirements and provide input on solution recommendations and implementation guidance.
• Troubleshoot and resolve application/solution problems pre- and post-Production release
• Ensure the security and integrity of system and product solutions, including compliance with Navy Federal, industry engineering, and Information Security principles and practices
• Present clear, organized, and concise information to all audiences through a variety of media to enable effective business decisions
• Perform development or other engineering tasks and assignments in support of business needs
• Able to conduct efficient meetings and workshops as necessary and work in a SAFe Agile environment
• Serve as mentor/trainer and provide guidance and assistance to development team members when necessary
• Develop and maintain solution documentation
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Considerable experience in working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors
• Advanced knowledge of application development including determining, developing, testing, and implementing system requirements; designing, coding, debugging applications
• Advanced knowledge of relational database management systems
• Considerable experience in documentation, group communication and presentation skills
• Advanced organizational, planning and time management skills
• Advanced skill analyzing and organizing problems or work processes for technical solutions
• Advanced skill applying innovative approaches to solve technical design issues
• Advanced skill designing and deploying new, upgraded and/or existing systems
• Experience in the more than one of the following technologies & concepts: Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Eclipse, WebStorm, VS Code, .NET Framework, .NET Core, Microsoft Azure technologies, Docker / Containerization, Kubernetes, REST APIs & Microservices, Maven, Git-Hub, Angular, HTML5, CSS, micro-front end concepts, responsive design patterns and practices, micro-service concepts and architecture practices.
• Experience with IIB (IBM Integration Bus) Technologies preferred but not required.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $95,000 - $146,300 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 3/30/23
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.