YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To manage and direct all activities of a small full-service branch office operation by overseeing the efficient operation of the branch to ensure operational functions are completed and properly performed by branch staff.
• Manage, direct, and motivate the branch team to provide members the full range of Navy Federal Credit Union products and services including lending products and depository accounts such as checking, savings, certificate, IRA, revocable trust, and estate accounts
• Lead cash operations and branch self-auditing efforts to keep credit union assets secure and within operational limits
• Manage staff to ensure vault opening, closing, and balancing procedures are completed
• Increase productivity of branch office by implementing relevant employee training, establishing team development goals, and eliminating inefficiencies
• Lead outside marketing and promotional activities for members and potential members through financial presentations, local events and realtor/trade shows and events
• Oversee recruiting/selection, on-boarding and initial training of team members
• Administer budget, purchasing, tracking and records retention for business expenses
• Lead team to achieve and maintain product, service, and business goals, including cross servicing of Navy Federal products and services
• Promote member service excellence and lead team to deliver quality service
• Liaise with other branches to support business growth and continuity of regional operations
• Analyze reports and conduct trend analysis to optimize business performance
• Analyze problems based on practice and precedent
• Ensure compliance with all security, safety, and emergency preparedness procedures
• Ensure compliance with all HR related policies, practices, and procedures, such as timekeeping, recruiting, compensation, separations, leave usage, etc.
• Ensure the team follows, complies with, and regularly reviews all required policies, practices and procedures using established guidelines
• Resolve employee concerns by reducing conflict in the simplest situations
• Perform supervisory/managerial responsibilities:
• Manage daily activities
• Ensure adequate/skilled staffing; select employees
• Establish performance goals and priorities
• Prepare, conduct, and review performance appraisals
• Develop, mentor, and counsel staff
• Provide input and/or prepare budget requirements for Annual Financial Plan (AFP)
• Ensure section/branch goals and objectives align with division/department strategy
• Ensure efficiency of operations
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Scorecard criteria requirements as defined by Branch Operations Governance or applicable external experience
• Experience in leading and managing in diverse and complex operational environments
• Working knowledge of applicable federal regulations governing consumer lending and/or credit cards, mortgage and equity loans, savings and checking accounts
• Working knowledge of multiple financial products such as consumer mortgage loan, credit cards, and/or savings/checking accounts
• Working knowledge of functions relating to cash and ATM operations
• Experience in member/customer service operations
• Experience in responding to requests regarding complex financial information/data
• Experience in supervising and leading employees
• Experience in training and developing staff
• Ability to manage multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment
• Effective skill analyzing statistics and reports to determine business performance and trends
• Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
• Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Effective skill interacting with staff, management, vendors and members diplomatically and tactfully
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Effective word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Working knowledge of financial institution and lending practices, principles, and regulations
• Working knowledge of retail banking industry best practices
• Working knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies, and procedures
Hours: Available Monday – Saturday: hours based on business needs
Location: Building #4228, Uruma City, Other 904-2202 Okinawa, Japan
Salary Range: $52,800 - $71,700 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.