YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To Support/lead, design, develop, implement and maintain new IT solutions as well as implement changes and enhancements to existing solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies.
• Lead and provide day-to-day support for assigned Navy Federal development efforts in compliance with NFCU standards, processes and procedures following the System Development Life-cycle (SDLC) or applicable Agile Methodology.
• Identifies, analyzes, designs, develops, and maintains cost-effective information technology solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies.
• Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating systems environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external controls and output.
• Provides subject matter expertise and mentorship in developing system software code using commonly known best practices while adhering to NFCU standards and policies regarding software development.
• Responsible for ensuring the security and integrity of all NFCU systems.
• Participates in enhancing performance and availability of designed system solutions.
• Supports/leads the preparation, execution and documentation of development tests and evaluations.
• Supports/leads the implementation of systems/applications into test and production environments. Prepares implementation plans and change requests required for system migration.
• Supports/leads and mentors’ team of peers and junior level software engineers through the software development life cycle.
• Supports/leads the effort to provide technical support to customers during software warranty period.
• Responsible for consistent, concise, relevant, reliable, and timely information to all appropriate internal and external stakeholders through a variety of communication channels.
• Supports/leads the training of peers and junior level engineers in new or modified systems/applications.
• May be tasked with the Technical Leader role of a project with the responsibility of full software life-cycle development from requirements analysis to project closeout.
• Works independently, regularly communicating with project stakeholders on project progress and status.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with SDLC, Application Development, EA, CCRM, DBA, Data, and Security standards and procedures.
• Supports the Requirements Analysts team in the development of the Software Requirements Document (SRD).
• Applies functional knowledge to analyze and resolve complex project solutions.
• Capable of designing, coding, debugging and maintaining complex software solutions.
• Effectively communicates information in line with the target audience experience, background, and expectations; uses terms, examples, and analogies that are meaningful to the audience
• Proactively accumulates and maintains knowledge of current and emerging/evolving technologies, concepts, and trends in the IT field. Mentors others as knowledge increases.
• Provides input on improving or enhancing existing organizational processes based on lessons learned and experiences from project work.
• Performs root cause analysis to quickly identify and resolve issues causing recurring technical problems.
• Ensures accuracy of information communicated to effectively support project leadership decision making.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science. (Update with experience)
• Extensive hands on and recent experience migrating existing Java EE applications to SpringBoot and/or building green field cloud native applications for both on premise and off premise cloud environments. This experience should include building cloud applications with Pivotal Cloud Foundry utilizing its tiles and services for both TAS and TKG environments.
• Extensive hands-on experience and programming knowledge in distributed Java, Java EE and Servlets, Struts, JSP, JSF, JSTL, JMS, JNDI, JDBC, JAXB, ORMs (Hibernate, Ibatis, Mybatis), build automation scripts (Maven, Ant) and automated testing (Junit, Mockito)
• Extensive hands-on experience/knowledge in Web Services, including: WSDL; SOAP/XML based web services, RESTful web services and Micro Services.
• Knowledge and experience in using IntelliJ, Visual Studio Code and/or Eclipse as a development IDEs. Recent experience using GIT or GITHUB for source control.
• Strong knowledge of network concepts such as DNS, Firewalls, SSL certificates and protocols like HTTP, HTTPS and SSH. Knowledge and demonstrated experience in building secure applications.
• XML technology experience such as XSD, XPath, XQuery, XSLT, etc.
• Expert experience/knowledge of the Systems Development Life-cycle (SDLC).
• Strong analytical, planning, research and technical problem-solving skills.
• Advanced experience/knowledge in systems, workflow and procedural analysis.
• Advanced ability to prioritize, plan, and organize tasks.
• Advanced interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Effective skills in resolving conflicting requests and meeting changing requirements.
• Ability to lead independent teams, exercise initiative and use good judgement.
• Recent experience using Test Driven development in an agile environment.
• Experience/Knowledge of JSF UI frameworks such as Primefaces, IceFaces or RichFaces.
• Experience with IBM Datapower, IBM MQ and IBM Integration Bus (IIB).
• Familiarity with financial industry.
• Exposure and knowledge to agile tools such as JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, and other collaborative tools.
• IT Industry Certifications in good standing
• Effective skills with Microsoft® .NET Framework and C#, VB.NET.
• Knowledge of NFCU operations, processes, and procedures
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $101,000 - $185,200 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 4/3/23
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.