YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To provide comprehensive architectural leadership in translating Navy Federal strategies into effective IT and business capabilities through the planning, design, implementation, and integration of IT systems and services. Define and drive business transformation efforts by minimizing architectural and operational risk, and by providing proven technical solutions to business challenges. Work is performed under moderate supervision.
• Collaborate with the Business units and technology stakeholders to provide technical solutions which meets business requirements
• Continuously improve technical knowledge, gain proficiency for assigned applications, and guide project teams through design and architectural reviews
• Continue to gain knowledge of industry standards, new innovations, and best practices applicable to assigned applications
• Achieve architectural goals by building and maintain relationships with internal Navy Federal staff (IT and business) and external parties (vendors, etc.)
• Provides technical guidance and subject matter expertise to IT staff
• Collaborates with stakeholders and assist in building business requirements
• Produce application architecture document based on business requirements and vendor’s integrations.
• Presents application architecture to Design review board (DRB) and obtain approvals from board members
• Collaborates with Enterprise architectures to present new technologies to Architectural review board (ARB)
• Participates in technical discussions during product planning and execute entire product development lifecycle
• Promotes enterprise standard guidelines, follow architectural standards, and maintain quality of application architectural documentation
• Participates and provides guidance during project discovery phase and document technical decisions
• Initiates project portfolio management requests by identifying technology improvements and documenting opportunities
• Contributes to Rough Order of Magnitude estimates within the defined SLAs timeframe and assists with additional refined estimates
• Promotes adherence to Navy Federal’s defined Project Management Framework and documentation requirements
• Participates in vendor selection process by creating and/or validating vendor SOWs, RFPs, software evaluations and other activities
• Provides guidance and adhere to defined enterprise standards, application and architecture principles
• Performs application design reviews of existing and new applications by considering performance, scalability, and business continuity
• Approves design documentation produced by project team, conduct code review sessions, and provides feedback
• Demonstrated ability to create system architecture diagrams and documentation for review by both technical and non-technical audiences
• Proactivity communicates application design and architecture with technical teams and vendors
• Demonstrate skills in exercising initiative, good judgment, and making sound technical decisions
• Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to interact with all levels of management
• Ability to break down complex application requirements and propose appropriate architectural solutions
• Mentor, coach and influence architecture and design group discussions
• A minimum of 5-6 yrs. of application architecture experience, along with 10 years of development experience
• Application security architecture with working knowledge in all areas of current technology and software language: Mainframe, CICS, COBOL, Assembler, Connex, Visa DPS
• Experience in payment processing and settlement architecture
• Experience with architecting solutions for highly scalable, highly available systems
• Vendor application experience FIS, NCR, Oracle, Visa DPS
• Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
• Certification in TOGAF, COBIT, Microsoft AZURE Solution Architect, or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), etc
• Experience with Web, (REST, JSON) API, Micro Services, Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Knowledge of The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) v9
• Experience with other cloud architectural to support Cloud environment
• Experience with Agile methodologies
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602 | Remote
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $98,500 - $168,400 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 4/10/23
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.