YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To provide information security consulting that enables NFCU business capabilities through all stages of planning, design, implementation, and integration of information systems and services. Assist Navy Federal efforts to meet business goals incorporating architectural security and operational security best practices.
• Participate in threat modeling, risk analyses, design sessions, and retrospectives of project plans, local area networks, wide area networks, and virtual private networks
• Assist in assessing NFCU designs and systems for information security weaknesses, including reviewing and/or assessing routers, firewalls, and other security systems to determine effectiveness
• Ensure implemented or developed system(s) and architecture(s) are consistent with organization's security architecture guidelines
• Support governance review processes with security architecture and technical design reviews to assess risk and alignment with security architecture standards
• Collaborate with Information Security teams, Risk Management teams, and technology teams, including approved third-party vendors in the planning of architectural changes to enhance NFCU’s security posture; review and update security standards in alignment with industry best practices
• Provide timely updates, reports, and/or presentations to leadership and to key stakeholders (including potentially non-technical team members outside of the division)
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Significant experience serving in a senior technical role supporting business and technical domains across medium to large-scale enterprises
• Significant experience supporting third-party hosted (“Cloud”) application connectivity (Internet, Extranet, etc.)
• Advanced knowledge with network security architecture
• Significant experience in network security measures such as proxy secure gateways, firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), network access controls, and / or network segmentation
• Significant experience with DNS security technology (Infoblox or similar platforms)
• Experience in communicating security concepts and practices effectively at all levels, including non-technical audiences, adjusting as needed to a target audience, translating business requirements into secure design recommendations
• Experience in developing technical architecture diagrams and their review with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Advanced skill with operating systems like Windows, Linux, and UNIX
• Advanced skill working with wireless security, such as routers, switches, and VLAN security
• Knowledge of financial or other regulatory frameworks (ISO 27001/27002, NIST 853, or others)
• Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal’s functions, philosophy, operations and organizational objectives.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00AM - 4:00PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602 | Remote
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $101,000 - $185,200 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 3/29/23
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.