YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
The Metadata Analyst is responsible for supporting the business area in adopting and managing metadata capabilities while ensuring that data change is strategic, efficient and maintains integrity. The Metadata Analyst takes a collaborative approach to capture and enable the understanding of and access to data with an objective to drive transparency, literacy, and common language around business data assets.
• Support the Business Data Owners and Data Stewards in identifying and cataloging data assets
• Engage with business stakeholders to ensure the relevant metadata is captured, tagged, and maintained.
• Oversee the maintenance of metadata artifacts, reporting and escalating where appropriate, resolving issues, gaps and inconsistencies
• Collaborate with Business and Technical Data Stewards to establish concise, understandable definitions that accurately reflect the business purpose and resonate with the various consumers
• Take ownership of metadata governance process, both for new product builds, and improvement projects with an adaptive disposition for a changing environment
• Support the curation and enrichment of business data assets for the business data glossary to ensure one consistent definition for an element across the enterprise
• Work with Information Services (ISD) to ensuring metadata tooling is fit-for-purpose and support it through implementation and into production
• Support stewards in documenting data dictionaries
• Provide support in maintaining the data catalog for their respective business areas
• Support the technical aspects of the business area’s data catalog from the perspective of planning, implementing and testing bug fixes, new features, and upgrades, implementing new taxonomy properties, templates, and processes
• Drive continuous improvements in classification, metadata evaluation, and exporting/importing data processes
• Establish and manage mechanisms to share the glossary materials and publicize updates
• Support technical data stewards in documenting the lineage of data from creation to output, ensuring that the information is useable and meets the business needs
• Enable data lineage collection and visualization at various granularities to be able to provide insights on the data flows between the various producers and consumers of business area data
• Maintain set of business metadata controls to ensure that data is consumable, systems of record are fit for purpose, and prioritization is given to critical data
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Experience in data cataloging, metadata collection, business glossary, data lineage, master data management, metadata quality monitoring
• Experience developing or implementing data governance capabilities in either a local area or across an organization
• Working knowledge of data governance industry best practices
• Ability to understand and design platform rollouts for metadata management operationalization
• Experience in building data integration processes across common platforms (e.g., Service Now, Pega, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Purview, PowerBI, Salesforce, etc.)
• Strong analytical skills in analyzing data movement between systems and transformation logics; high aptitude in understanding system capabilities
• Ability to convey complex Data Management concepts in business-friendly terms to non-technical stakeholders
• Understanding of data governance and metadata management principles such as Lineage, Profiling, Business Glossary, Data Dictionary, etc
• Experience with large/ corporate-wide initiatives surrounding Taxonomy, Ontology, and Governance
• Knowledge of SQL and API concepts
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills - communication is key
• Experience using the Agile methodology
• Ability to solve problems and resolve issues independently
• Excellent command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work collaboratively and individually while maintaining customer focus
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Expert knowledge of banking/financial industry trends, products, and services
• Expert knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies, and procedures
• Subject matter expert in developing or implementing data governance capabilities in either a local area or across an organization
• Advanced understanding of data governance industry best practices
• Relevant professional certifications
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $74,400 - $127,200 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 3/22/23
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.