YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To perform complex cost accounting and management reporting for Navy Federal business unit products and services, and to contribute to the formulation of department business strategy by planning and conducting the annual financial planning (AFP) and midyear update processes. To support the optimization of business operations (money, materials, and people) by analyzing current product and budget performance.
• Analyzes and studies financial data synthesized from the Activity Based Costing (ABC) system and other information sources in support of other cost analyses.
• Leads the design, analysis, and preparation of complex customized reports that provide actual Net Income and Return On Asset results for Department Products and Services
• Provides operational cost information to department business analysts in support of their analyses, and guidance regarding the use of ABC tools and models
• Synthesizes results of analyses of ABC processes, model changes, and the impact of business decisions; develops recommendations and presents results to management for
• Collaborates with management to identify, recommend and facilitate implementation of new or enhanced ABC processes, reporting, and costing methodology
• Plans and conducts the department AFP and midyear update processes.
• Leads the design, analysis, and preparation of complex customized reports that influence senior department management decisions regarding prioritizing the organization’s financial resources
• Establishes procedures to ensure accurate and complete compilation of AFP submittals
• Serves as technical subject matter expert for cost-benefit analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation; analyzes and recommends reporting process improvement to management
• Reviews consolidated summaries of department plan submissions for completeness, accuracy and compliance with budget directives
• Directs the preparation of AFP review materials for senior department management
• Analyzes and studies financial data synthesized from the AFP system and other information sources for executing current budgets and estimating future financial needs
• Conducts cost studies by analyzing internal data and reviewing for reasonableness and accuracy; recommends proposals for implementation
• Oversees the preparation of variance analyses, monitors the implementation of budget revisions, and responds to information and analysis requests from senior management
• Responsible for supporting the production, analysis, and dissemination of monthly financial management information for Navy Federal
• Identifies opportunities for enhanced efficiencies and potential gaps and/or problems related to generating revenue and suggests corrective alternatives
• Serves as liaison between functional areas and management for the implementation of ABC methodology changes and various study findings, and coordinates responses to related inquiries
• Performs other related duties as required or appropriate.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or the equivalent combination of training, education and experience
• Significant experience in progressively responsible accounting and/or finance positions that demonstrates in-depth knowledge of Activity Based Costing, financial planning and analysis, budgeting theories and practices, and variance analysis
• Extensive experience and proficiency with data querying, reporting and forecasting including demonstrated skill using automated cost accounting/planning/budgeting systems
• Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills including the ability to clearly present findings and alternatives to influence management decision making
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively with external contacts and all levels of management and staff
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation/graphics application
• Ability to work independently with limited guidance and as part of a team, and experience with guiding and mentoring others
• Ability to work in a changing environment and assess the impact of changes on objectives and to rapidly shift priorities as circumstances change
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
• Knowledge of financial institutions operations, preferably credit unions
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $104,500.00 - $146,300.00 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 04/07/23
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.