YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
The Communications Strategist's purpose is to share the many ways that senior leadership cares about our people, whether it’s through our training, recognition, engagement, diversity and inclusion efforts, or other programs and philosophies. This role will promote a unified communications strategy grounded in quality, value, and standards. Maintain department-wide voice and branding while customizing communications for executive leadership. Collaborate with Communications management to optimize execution of events, programs, communications, executive communications, script writing and campaigns. Work on assignments that are complex in nature, requiring judgment in resolving issues or making recommendations. Excellent crisis communications, communications strategy, content and storytelling development and executive communication skills are crucial.
• Develop cohesive communication strategies for important initiatives to produce effective and timely deliverables
• Consult and collaborate with clients and stakeholders across the organization to build relationships and provide guidance to effectively plan, compose and manage the preparation, design, production, and distribution of a wide variety of communications
• Research, write and support the development of talking points, scripts, emails and speeches for internal communications for executive leadership while taking advantage of an executive’s unique voice
• Develop communication plans to ensure that project and campaign deliverables are met as well as align communications throughout credit union
• Provide creative solutions for high level internal campaigns and strategies and other initiatives
• Provide consultative editorial/development services to ensure appropriate copy solutions are used, ensure content accuracy and grammar consistency in style and image
• Analyze quality of work through review of Adobe Analytics summaries/metrics to determine if copy materials/methodologies are effective and produce the desired results, or need to be changed
• Tailor communications by channel and according to strategy
• Provide input and/or makes recommendations for communications initiatives
• Lead large scale projects
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or related field or the equivalent combination of experience, education, and training
• Significant experience developing and executing large- and small-scale communication campaigns
• Demonstrated executive maturity and an ability to work effectively with senior executives
• Working knowledge of change management principles and practices
• Significant experience in organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
• Ability to deal tactfully with all levels of the work force and management to include Executive Leaders
• Work independently and lead projects with significant impact
• Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment and manage multiple projects concurrently and meet changing requirements and priorities to accomplish goals
• Expert knowledge of project lifecycles, project management methodologies, and business requirements analysis
• Significant experience in research, analytics, organization, and problem-solving skills
• Expert interpersonal, verbal, and written communications
• Expert copywriting, editing and proofreading skills, including extensive print and online writing and editorial experience
• Effective relationship-building skills
• Effective presentation skills
• Working knowledge of word processing, presentation/project management and spreadsheet software
• Expert skill to successfully influence, lead and/or guide others towards goals
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Experience in technical writing to broad and diverse audience
• Working knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies, and procedures
• Working knowledge of Navy Federal's functions, philosophy, operations, and organizational objectives
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $74,400 - $127,200 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 04/06/23
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.