YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
Conceptualize, design, and produce marketing and corporate communications campaigns and related artwork in support of Navy Federal products and services in adherence with corporate strategies and brand standards. Provide support to a multi-disciplinary team and oscillate designs from concept to execution seamlessly. The desired candidate will have basic knowledge of marketing design principles, development standards, techniques, methodologies, and the ability to apply them. Ensures a great user experience and alignment with the organization’s overall objectives.
With your application, please include a portfolio of graphic design related work either via link on your resume or uploaded as a PDF.
****A requirement of this position is you must be currently enrolled in college level courses or a degree-seeking program throughout the duration of the internship. Please upload your transcripts by clicking the “Attach Cover Letter" button during your application.
• Create, manage, and produce basic digital design solutions for a variety of marketing platforms: website,
product graphics, email templates, social media graphics, brand campaigns, photography, and/or
video/animation (Adobe Software, AEM, Salesforce, etc.)
• Assist in developing design layouts and visual branding in both print and digital media that support products,
services, and objectives
• Work closely with clients as a Trusted Advisor to develop materials that meet/exceed their needs and
expectations and comply with branding, trademark, industry standards, and corporate goals
• Conduct basic research and develop strong and persuasive ideas to address the goals and purpose of the
• Support concepts, create initial design sketches, and follow art direction to produce marketing materials
utilizing typography, illustration, animation, video, and layout skills
• Monitor assigned projects to ensure goals and objectives are completed according to schedule; collaborate
with project teams to ensure all business needs are met; provide project status updates to leadership
• Incorporate and leverage basic best industry practices while maintaining alignment with Navy Federal goals
• Research and maintain knowledge of emerging technologies, graphic design trends, new methodologies
and best practices
• Provide problem solving recommendations that align with business goals
• Support print specifications, digital files, and conversion of file formats for Print On-Demand, laser forms, etc.
• Participate in client collaboration to develop materials that meet their needs/preferences in compliance with
advertising regulations, copyright/trademark laws and policies, and the corporate culture
• Assist in designing day-to-day communications and corporate-wide promotional materials
• Participate in strategic/conceptual development meetings with clients and supervisor to determine project
requirements and objectives
• Assist with analysis and development of new and innovative ways to improve member service using
Website and other forms of media to enhance marketing communications
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Currently pursuing a degree related to Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Multimedia Design, or other
• Exposure to mainstream InDesign desktop publishing programs, Adobe programs (XD, Experience
Manager, Illustrator, Audition, Lightroom, Animate, etc.), SalesForce Marketing Cloud, Photoshop, After
Effects, Premiere Pro, Dreamweaver, and/or Keynote
and PHP, Web Content management software, editing and authoring tools and/or development languages
• Working knowledge of marketing communication principles in designing Web Pages
• Effective skill in creating interaction designs that have strong application to our members through visual
design and interaction behavior using HTML, scripting languages, and related software applications
• Experience with Social Media content design, creative trends, and best practices
• Experience with Digital Accessibility
• Effective skill manipulating files in MAC and PC Web design applications
• Experience creating interactive media that adheres to overall user-experience goals
• Ability to act independently while exercising initiative and judgment while managing multiple priorities and
• Effective skill exercising professionalism, composure under pressure, and flexibility
• Ability to give and receive constructive feedback, and push designs to next level
• Advanced verbal and written communication
• Experience in working and participating in cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams and projects
• Basic research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM, 20-40 hours/week, Flexible for classes
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $17.50 - $30.10 hourly
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. Within this range, pay will be determined based on factors such as individual qualifications, location, and market position.
Posting End Date: 04/03/23
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.