YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To gain valuable insight into Navy Federal’s business, technology, resources, and procedures by providing support in focused areas, applying knowledge and education. Participate in a collaborative, team driven network and interact with multiple departments. Receive guidance and direction from team and management. Utilize and further develop technical and soft skills, business knowledge, analytical techniques, and creative problem-solving abilities. Provide professional execution of day-to-day tasks and special projects while working within established standards, policies and procedures. This is a Year-Round, full, or part–time, flexible internship based on school schedule.
****A requirement of this position is you must be currently enrolled in college level courses or a degree-seeking program throughout the duration of the internship. Please upload your transcripts by clicking the “Attach Cover Letter" button during your application.
• Provide support to assigned department; may work on small projects or portions of larger projects
• Support business strategy and initiatives within the business unit and/or across the organization
• Assist and collaborate with various levels of staff to accomplish tasks/assignments
• Ensure software/systems meet regulatory and procedural requirements
• Maintain professionalism in all interactions, placing member service as priority
• Provide comprehensive day-to-day operational support
• Provide support in functional areas of the credit union
• Identify and detect errors/omissions; resolve or arrange for the resolution
• Process and update data in automated systems
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Resolve issues relating to General Ledger accounts and/or Navy Federal systems
• Test and implement software and/or processes
• Must be pursuing a degree from an accredited college/university
• Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Effective research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Effective skill maintaining accuracy with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
• Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment to make sound decisions
• Ability to adapt to new technologies
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service
• Effective word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Advanced research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Advanced skill applying research and interpretation of findings to respond to requests for information
• Advanced skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Advanced skill following, interpreting, and applying relevant data/instructions to guidelines, procedures,
practices, and regulations
• Advanced skill navigating multiple screens and PC applications and adapting to new technologies
• Communication with impact and be committed to self-development
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM (at least 20 hrs/week)
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $15.00 - $30.10 hourly
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. Within this range, pay will be determined based on factors such as individual qualifications, location, and market position.
Posting End Date: 04/02/23
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.