YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To ensure organization wide compliance with applicable federal and state regulations. To monitor, research, analyze, and interpret relevant laws and regulations, including consumer protection laws and regulations relating to Real Estate Lending to ensure policies and practices comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
To provide regulatory compliance guidance and act as subject matter expert in support of the business units to ensure regulatory compliance in connection with all applicable laws, regulations and regulator guidance to facilitate, improve and strengthen business operations.
• Ensures products, services, and operations comply with all internal Navy Federal policies, and legal and regulatory requirements.
• Assists Enterprise Risk Management in conducting internal compliance reviews and performing targeted compliance testing for consumer compliance requirements, as well as internal Navy Federal policies and procedures. Recommends and partners with business units to develop and implement corrective actions.
• Monitors, conducts research, and analyzes complex issues relating to governance and compliance including federal and state laws, regulations, staff commentaries, court decisions, legal opinions, trade association guidance, and other resources, and employs technical compliance expertise to develop strategy for resolution.
• Counsels and advises management and business units on requirements of applicable laws and regulations through written and oral analyses, reports and other communications.
• Leads compliance efforts to implement new or changed compliance requirements.
• Responds to various compliance inquiries from the organizations’ business units.
• Emphasizes compliance in regular contacts throughout the organization.
• Performs other duties as required or appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
• Minimum 5 Years applicable work experience in mortgage regulatory compliance, legal, or operational risk management.
• Expertise relating, but not limited to, Truth in Lending Act/Regulation Z, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA)/Regulation X, TRID, Unfair, Deceptive, Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP), Equal Credit Opportunity Act/Regulation B, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Electronic Funds Transfer Act/Regulation E, SAFE Act, ESIGN Act, privacy, marketing rules, as well as requirements relating to flood and hazard insurance, appraisal rules and guidelines, and investor, insurer and guarantor requirements.
• Experience in researching and analyzing complex laws and regulations, staff commentaries, legal opinions, court decisions and other documentation and the analysis of operations to determine and ensure compliance.
• Ability to support and promote an effective, ongoing credit union regulatory compliance program.
• Thorough knowledge of pertinent areas of law outlined above.
• Strong written and oral interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex issues both orally and in writing.
• Team player with highly effective interpersonal skills for working closely with internal business units and for effective representation of organizational positions on issues with external parties and groups.
• Ability to act as the compliance lead for ongoing business unit projects.
• Ability to work independently on multiple issues concurrently and to exercise independent judgment in establishing priorities.
• Ability to organize work, make sound decisions and exercise good judgment.
• Ability to think strategically and advocate a proposed course of action while remaining flexible as circumstances change.
• Ability to perform effectively in fast-paced environment with short deadlines and changing priorities.
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Graduate or law degree in related area.
• Professional certification as a compliance professional by a widely recognized certification authority, including without limitation, NCCO, CMCP, or CRCM.
• Familiarity with NCUA, CFPB, VA, FHA, Ginnie Mae, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidance, rules and examination processes and the ability to analyze and communicate requirements.
• Experience in conducting monitoring and testing to assess regulatory compliance risks.
• Thorough knowledge of the current and future challenges facing credit unions.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $98,500 - $168,400 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 04/01/23
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.