YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
The Digital Engineer will join the Digital Engineering organization and provide technical support to Digital applications and services that improve the member/user experience, support Navy Federal’s strategic initiatives and drive value to NFCU. The Digital Engineer will become a member of the Digital DevOps & Release team that provides horizontal support to all Digital Engineering/Experience teams and works closely with Information Service Department’s (ISD) Cloud and IT Operations teams, to provide engineering, transition, implementation, and operations support.
To support and participate in Agile development and engineering throughout the product lifecycle (product initiation, planning, implementation, reviews, and releases) with a focus on production readiness and support activities that ensure Digital’s applications are ready for seamless production transition and successful operations.
To apply/follow defined SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) practices and processes that create scalable and highly reliable software systems.
• Ensure department objectives are met in operational readiness, quality, stability, efficiency, change control, performance management, metric development, security, and integrity of systems.
• Participate in Digital’s production transition and support activities, including incident response; perform/lead troubleshooting activities with multiple teams and vendors in response to production outages; perform/lead root cause analysis and problem management activities.
• Utilize Cloud-based tools and apply engineering and analysis skills to monitor, research, trouble-shoot application performance issues. Includes ability to run scripts (java, SQL, etc.), debug, review log files, review code and queries.
• Work closely with Experience Teams to ensure that requirements, defects and activities related to operational readiness are incorporated into Sprint backlogs and development lifecycle processes.
• May develop and deploy software fixes, automation scripts, and other operational performance improvement initiatives.
• Utilize Cloud-based tools (Azure DevOps, Azure Application Insights/Monitor and ServiceNow) to ensure Digital services have monitoring and alerting set-up in accordance with current guidelines.
• Follow established SRE practices to ensure optimal system health and availability. This includes ensuring proper logging and tracing, meeting service level metrics/commitments, and building/ maintaining operations-related dashboards.
• Improve/propose/establish needed processes and procedures around transition, readiness, operations, and business communication plans that complement ISD’s ITIL approach for Service Transition, Service Operations, and Continual Improvement. May include collaboration with Digital, Cloud, ISD and other business units to analyze existing processes/procedures and identify opportunities for new and/or improved processes or technologies.
• Improve operational quality by compiling and analyzing data, and preparing recommendations based on that analysis for use in decision-making.
• Analyze changes in policies, procedures, and products to determine the impact on the group functions.
• Prepare and deliver clear, concise, and effective communications to teams and management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Prior experience as a software developer, system administrator, systems analyst or systems engineer
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment and with the Scrum, SAFe, and DevOps frameworks
• Demonstrated development experience with the following technologies: Java, Angular, Spring Boot, microservices
• Familiarity with CI/CD software development practices and experience with common DevOps tools, preferably Azure DevOps and Git
• Working knowledge of Cloud technologies and services, preferably Microsoft Azure Cloud, Azure DevOps and ServiceNow
• Advanced technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, including root cause analysis
• Ability to participate in periodic On Call support rotations and responsibilities
• Ability to understand architecture diagrams, read/debug code, access/analyze log files and queries, etc.
• Expert analytical/quantitative, problem-solving, and deductive reasoning skills
• Advanced organizational, planning and time management skills and ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Experience working with, participating in and leading, cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams and projects
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage concurrent priorities and meet deadlines
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to present findings, conclusions, alternatives, and information clearly and concisely to all levels of staff, management, and stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy, and tact
• Desired - Prior experience using Azure Monitor, Azure Application Insights and Azure Log Analytics
• Desired - Prior experience working with Microsoft Dynamics, Tanzu Application Service (TAS)/Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Tanzu Kubernetes and Backbase platforms
• Desired - Knowledge of Navy Federal’s services, products, applications, business processes and functions
• Desired - Solid understanding of core java and spring framework (Spring MVC, Spring Batch, Spring Contract)
• Desired - Microsoft® Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer or Azure Developer
• Desired - Experience with the banking/financial services industry
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM; (ability to provide On Call support and to work outside core workday when circumstances warrant)
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $87,800- $160,900 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 03/23/2023
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.