YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
This position is for a Cyber Security Engineer V – Data Security Services with a concentration on database security (e.g. encryption, data inventory management, and Database Activity Monitoring (DAM)). The right candidate will a self-starter who can serve in a technical lead role, provide technical project management/oversight, and provide hands-on support at an SME level within areas of focus.
The role involves providing lead support and technical guidance to several key technology solutions, as well as support data security solutions from the conceptual phase to operationalization, as well as support troubleshooting initiatives, root cause analysis, and solution maturation.
• Provide technical leadership and mentoring to team of cyber engineers supporting technologies within area of focus
• Provide technical leadership to data encryption solutions and projects
• Provide technical leadership to data inventory management solutions and projects
• Provide technical leadership to DAM solutions and projects
• Evaluate technical solutions in response to business challenges
• Provide thought leadership in support continuous improvements and service maturation
• Present technical solutions as needed for knowledge sharing and acceptance
• Provide project support and status reporting
• Establish and maintain system documentation
• Represent changes via CAB meetings
• Present new solutions and architectures via ARB meetings
• Collaborate with partnering teams in support of solution development and deployment
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
• Advance hands on experience and knowledge of Cyber Engineering with a concentration on database security
• Advance hands on experience with database and file encryption technologies (preferably Thales CIpherTrust or Vormetric)
• Advance hands on experience and knowledge with System design, administration, and security
• Advance hands on experience with database activity monitoring (preferably Guardium or Imperva).
• Experience with data inventory mgt (preferably BigID)
• Strong team player, able to communicate and show leadership amongst teams of similarly knowledgeable specialists and Engineers.
• Experience supporting technical teams in a lead role
• Experience working with Incident, Problem, and Change Management
• Proficient and professional verbal and written communication, including group training.
• 3-5 years’ experience with Network design, administration, and security
• Experience with data/file security platforms (preferably Varonis)
• Familiarity and/or prior experience working with Cloud environment(s) (e.g. Azure, AWS, or OCI)
• Active CISSP Certification
• Active Certification in Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602 | Remote
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $116,200 - $213,000 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 3/23/23
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.