YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To oversee, monitor, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of a portfolio of initiatives and investments in support of the overall strategy for the business products and services defined in alignment with the enterprise strategy. Support providing key information to executives to support decision making and prioritization of projects that align with strategic objectives. Support developing and implementing best practices and processes for effective portfolio management. Work is performed under general direction.
• Oversee portfolio operations for business portfolio including large complex projects that are identified as strategic to the organization from inception through implementation
• Coordinate adjustments to the portfolio as necessary when portfolio demands necessitate a change in delivery and/or scope of work
• Partner with key stakeholders to develop roadmaps, prioritize initiatives, identify dependencies, risks, issues, and conflicts
• Monitor and report portfolio status and progress towards initiative execution including milestones and metrics to key stakeholders and executive management
• Serve as primary point of contact to strategic goal owners and initiative owners for projects and related issues
• Ensure project deliverables are in compliance with established standards, and meet customer requirements
• Identify, escalate and/or resolve issues associated with business portfolio initiatives and projects ensuring deliverables conform to established quality and schedules
• Analyze and assess the consistency of portfolio performance to ensure adherence to established policies, procedures and practices within service level agreements, documentation standards and methodologies meet established service level agreements
• Review project level reports and facilitate meetings with project teams to discuss and resolve issues
• Manage project data and conduct analysis across the strategic portfolio to identify and report potential risks, provide input into sequencing and prioritization, and highlight resource constraints
• Collaborate and consult with key stakeholders on the development of recommendations and insights resulting from fact-based data and metrics to influence and augment strategic plans, enterprise direction, measurement, accountability, business practices and deliverables
• Build and maintain relationships with lines of business, team members, management, key stakeholders and/or external contacts (e.g., vendors, etc.)
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Experience managing complex, large enterprise-wide initiatives/projects, preferably in the financial services sector
• Knowledge of project lifecycles, project management methodologies, and business requirements analysis
• Advanced knowledge of Agile and SDLC project methodology
• Advanced knowledge of project management best practices, including change management, risk management, executive reporting, and aggregation of project data
• Advanced skill to track and monitor project progress, identify project and process gaps, recommend controls and communicate progress to business leaders
• Significant experience in managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
• Significant experience in working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors
• Conflict resolution, negotiation and facilitation skills to gain consensus and ensure delivery of initiatives
• Experience in delivering presentations to virtual and in person teams
• Advanced skill communicating thoughts, concepts, practices effectively at all levels, adjusting as needed to a target audience
• Strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills
• Advanced critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Advanced organizational, planning and time management skills
• Advanced skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Advanced skill using innovative thinking to solve problems and facilitate the decision making process
• Advanced skill producing desired results and achieving goals and objectives
• Ability to coordinate, lead and facilitate group meetings
• Ability to work independently within a matrixed environment
• Advanced verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Expert skill in the use of Microsoft Office Products (e.g., Excel)
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field
• Professional Project Management Certification
• Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal Project Portfolio Management
• Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal functions, philosophy, operations and organizational objectives
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $98,500.00 - $168,400.00 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 02/15/23
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.