YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To analyze, determine and complete HVAC mechanical requirements pertaining to installation, operation, alteration, repairs, and maintenance. To serve as project manager for mechanical projects.
• Analyzes, determines, and completes the HVAC mechanical requirements including requirements such as installation, operation, alteration, repair, and maintenance of the heating system, the ventilation system, the air conditioning system, the sprinkler system, refrigeration, and major appliances
• Diagnoses and troubleshoots operational problems using operation maintenance and repair manuals and disassembles system to repair problems
• Identifies problems and determines the most effective and efficient solution and performs the required maintenance or repair or adjustment
• Tests the systems to perform preventive maintenance
• Researches documents, communicates and observes compliance with Navy Federal Credit Union local, state, and federal regulatory guidelines pertaining to mechanical maintenance
• May be designated by management as Lead of team
• Completes service orders initiated by Navy Federal Credit Union employees at all levels assigned by the Supervisor, Mechanical Services and notifies customer when it has been completed
• Use multiple computer based applications to perform environmental system control adjustments, maintain the energy management and monitoring systems
• Inspect building systems and diagnose mechanical efficiency, malfunctions, or desired alterations
• Serve as project manager for mechanical projects, coordinates and directs the work of assistants and contractors
• Conducts job analysis to determine the scope of each project in terms of requirements versus resources and work closing with customers, contractors, and various levels of Navy Federal Credit Union
• Provides technical guidance to staff in other building trades (Electrical Services, Maintenance Services, Plumbers)
• Makes recommendations to the Service Supervisor concerning safety issues, code compliance, and the assignment of apprentices on projects
• Performs other duties as assigned or appropriate
• Must possess driver’s license
• Journeyman’s license for HVAC mechanics or the equivalent work experience under a licensed technician
• Experience that demonstrates thorough knowledge, skill and successful performance of job functions at the journeyman level
• Successful completion of the Apprenticeship Program for HVAC mechanics or formal training equivalent
• Thorough knowledge of local, state, and national mechanical codes
• Knowledge of the tools, mathematics, codes, materials and safety regulations associated with the mechanics trade
• Ability to read and interpret work schedules and directions, blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings and manufacturer manuals
• Ability to work independently and as a team member to gain the cooperation of others
• Effective interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Universal Refrigerant Transition and Recovery Certification
• Thorough knowledge in the installation, maintenance, operation, and repair of both mechanical and computer driven systems and equipment associated with the operation and maintenance of commercial buildings
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Extensive commercial electrical maintenance experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
This position is physical and requires a certain degree of agility to bend, reach, stoop, climb, and work in uncomfortable positions. Work requires lifting and carrying moderately heavy materials and equipment.
Hours: 4 - 10 hour days from 12:00PM -10:30 PM, this can be negotiated
Location: 820 Follin Lane Vienna, VA 22180
Salary Range: $33.50 - $42.00 hourly
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 02/07/23
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.