YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
The Microsoft 365 Platform Architect will assist Navy Federal with the design, development and deployment of messaging and communication solutions. Platform architect will provide architectural leadership and best practice recommendations for Microsoft 365 suite of products such as Exchange online, SharePoint, Active Directory, and Teams. Architect will work with stakeholders, and technical experts to develop innovative solutions for Microsoft 365 migration and integration with other platforms.
• Understands and assists with enhancing communication and collaboration migrations in accordance with agreed upon service agreements.
• Designs, plans and performs Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 migrations.
• Expertise on M365 suite of applications (e.g. Exchange online, Active Directory, SharePoint online, Teams, etc.) with a proven track-record of designing complex, large M365 transformational programs, including hybrid configuration and Identity and Access Management.
• Ensure conformance to agreed design standards, methods and tools, including prototyping new tools and applications where appropriate.
• Resolution ownership of technical challenges for M365 projects and the technical escalation point for the implementation teams.
• Perform system reviews of existing environments and prepare findings documents outlining short and long-term strategies
• Facilitate and lead configuration planning meetings and articulate pros & cons of design/architecture decisions across a wide spectrum of factors - e.g. latency, storage, startup/shutdown.
• Work with stakeholders to understand the business and technical requirements to design M365 solutions to improve our user experience.
• Assist with Migrations from Lotus Notes, M365 Tenant to Tenant Migrations, SharePoint on-premises, other CMS tools to SharePoint on-line and OneDrive for Business
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Significant experience serving in the role of an IT and/or Business Architect supporting various functional and technical domains across medium to large-scale enterprises to achieve strategic and organizational goals
• Experience with Service Oriented Architectures
• Significant experience with The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) v.9 or relevant architecture framework
• Significant experience in utilizing various development and operations framework methodologies including Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and/or Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
• Significant experience in communicating technical concepts and practices effectively at all levels, including non-technical audiences, adjusting as needed to a target audience
• Significant experience in translating business needs and requirements into comprehensive, useful, and clear architecture designs (e.g., logical architecture, system interaction, etc.) and artifacts
• Significant experience in developing business and/or technical architecture diagrams
• Significant experience in facilitating review and validation of architecture designs by technical and non-technical audiences
• Significant experience in interpreting and translating architecture designs into IT solutions to achieve specific business outcomes
• Significant experience in performing various forms of analysis including systems analysis, business process analysis and/or Architectures Fit/Gap analysis
• Experience in managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
• Advanced skill using analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve technical challenges and identify patterns of software quality and reusability
• Advanced skill using creative and innovative thinking to create original concepts and approaches for various projects and stakeholders
• Advanced skill to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms
• Advanced skill building effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy, and tact
• Advanced organizational, planning and time management skills
• Advanced skill communicating with all levels within an organization
• Advanced verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Advanced word processing, spreadsheet, diagramming, and presentation software skills
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team within a matrixed environment
• Effective skill to deliver presentations to virtual and in-person teams
• Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
• Certification in TOGAF, COBIT, Microsoft AZURE Solution Architect, or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), etc.
• Working knowledge of banking and financial industry standards and practices
• Working knowledge of regulatory and compliance-related mandates such as CCPA and GDPR
• Working knowledge of Navy Federal functions, philosophy, operations and organizational objectives
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM; This position is onsite only
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Salary Range: $113,200 -$193,600 annually
Posting End Date: 02/06/2023
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.