YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
Provide independent effective challenge to the models developed by the organization’s business units. This includes conducting model validation, statistical analyses, building benchmark/challenger models, assessing model risk, assessing model performance, ensuring documentation completeness, and identifying and presenting findings to various stakeholders within the business units. Conduct work assignments of increasing complexity, under moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgment. Intermediate professional within field; requires moderate skill set and proficiency in discipline.
• Conduct model validations including evaluating model conceptual soundness, assessing data appropriateness, reviewing statistical and analytical testing, outcome evaluation and performance monitoring
• Provide subject matter expertise to identify models’ key assumptions, limitations and weaknesses, and recommend practical solutions to mitigate model risk
• Develop benchmark/challenger models to assess strength of model under review
• Prepare and present clear, thorough reports to model developers and model owners explaining the analysis performed, results of the analysis and recommendations for improvement
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Master’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economy, Computer Science, Engineering or another quantitative field, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Ability to understand complex business problems and determine what aspects require optimization and articulate those aspects in a clear and concise manner
• Advanced skill in communicating actionable insights using data to technical and non-technical audiences
• Proven experience working in a dynamic, research-oriented groups with several ongoing concurrent projects
• Demonstrates functional knowledge of data visualization libraries such as matplotlib or ggplot2; knowledge of other visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI and Tableau
• Ability to manipulate raw data within visualization tools to create effective dashboards that communicate end-to-end data outcomes visually
• Proficient in storytelling with data skills
• Exceptional technical writing skills
• Proficient in R, Python, SAS, to analyze large data sets and develop predictive models
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Doctoral degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economy, Computer Science, Engineering or another quantitative field, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• One to two years of Model development or validation experience in the areas of CECL, ALLL, Stress Testing/Capital Planning, Underwriting, Collection, and Fair Lending
• Solid understanding of modeling or analytical algorithms such as generalized linear model, competing risk hazard, time series, and ML (XGBoost, Random Forest, etc.)
• Knowledge of Navy Federal Credit Union instructions, standards, and procedures
• Familiar with project management concepts and frameworks such as Agile Frameworks (SAFE), Communication Strategy and Management, Delivery Excellence and Requirements management
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $107,300 - $160,900 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 02/07/2023
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.