YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
Participate in the development of predictive modeling, data-mining, and advanced statistical analysis for assigned business units. Provide actionable insight into membership, product or operational data to predict or optimize business outcomes. Assist with formulating strategies around building business intelligence to improve decision making. Prepare reporting and data visualizations including interpretation of trends and patterns. Provide input, clarification, and insight on data analysis to mid and executive-level management across the organization. Participate on complex, essential projects working under minimal supervision and with latitude for independent judgment. Accountable for completion of assigned projects and deliverables. Skilled and proficient in discipline with demonstrated achievement of results.
• Collaborate with internal business partners across divisions to integrate moderately complex analytical tools and solutions into lead generation campaigns, initiatives, and advanced decision support systems
• Develop and refine segmentation models to help focus corporate and divisional activities and goals supporting corporate growth, retention, client/member experience and long term profitability
• Develop and test multiple hypotheses using results from moderately complex analyses to generate and answer new questions leading to more in-depth understanding of business issues being studied
• Evaluate, develop, and implement moderately complex analytical techniques and best practices to gain a competitive advantage
• Forecast moderately complex initiatives to project strategic plan goals and assess current performance
• Identify potential issues that arise during the course of moderately complex research projects and escalate and communicate these to management and internal clients for awareness, action, and resolution
• Identify, recommend, and manage external suppliers/vendors assisting on moderately complex analytical research projects, ensure projects meet departmental quality standards, research objectives, and deliver on time
• Lead ad hoc analysis of corporate-wide business problems of various scope with moderately complexity and impact
• Lead development of predictive modeling projects using data mining techniques for estimating current and future member engagement, operational performance or other business outcomes
• Assist in leading presentations of status, completion and results of studies to non-technical audience of various levels
• Assist in managing multiple research projects under tight deadlines; ensure research projects are completed on time and meet internal client expectations
• Monitor performance of scored models; recommend and implement changes to improve performance
• Perform full cycle model design and development which includes, but is not limited to identifying objectives, sampling, testing/validation, calibration, and monitoring performance
• Proactively work with internal clients and other business areas to create moderately complex project plans with clear objectives, detailed tasks, accountabilities, timelines, and estimated budgets with corporate impact
• Produce actionable insights from research projects that are effectively communicated
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Experience in an informal mentoring and/or leadership role
• Experience in demonstrating thought-leadership in providing vision and strategic thinking around a full range of technical decisions and issues
• Experience in managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
• Experience in statistical software (e.g., Python and/or R) to manage large data sets
• Experience in using more than two of the following statistical methods to solve business problems: linear and logistic regression, neural networks, decision trees, experimental design, time-series and forecasting, K-means clustering association rules, RFM, and survival analysis
• Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Effective skill interpreting, extrapolating, and interpolating data for statistical research and modeling
• Effective skill to influence, negotiate and persuade to reach agreeable exchange and positive outcomes
• Effective skill building relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy, and tact
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced database and querying experience
• Ability to handle high-pressure, quick turn-around situations
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Master's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Marketing, Economics, Engineering or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Experience in as a research analyst and/or predictive modeler demonstrating strong mass data mining and statistical expertise
• Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies and procedures
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $30.00 - $47.00 hourly (Level I)
$72,300 - $142,000 annually (Level II/III)
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.