YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To originate credit cards, loans and lines of credit offered by Business Solutions for lending requests of $50k or less. Develop new business with current members via incoming phone calls and referrals. Serve as relationship ambassador between business members and Business Solutions. Work is performed under moderate supervision.
• Acquire, manage, and retain business lending credit cards, small business loans and lines of credit for current members
• Monitor system queues and take appropriate action on assigned items
• Work as a liaison between Business Solutions and business member
• Assist with loan closing process and ensure loan proceed disbursement
• Maintain and ensure loan production goals, and member service levels are achieved
• Perform ongoing quality control to ensure efficiency and accuracy of processes and procedures
• Detect errors and initiate or arrange for corrective action; ensure resolution
• Monitor the business loan process from origination to closing to ensure compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and Navy Federal policies and procedures
• Remain alert to threats to collateral, fraudulent applications, and other questionable practices that may negatively impact the loan portfolio and create inappropriate financial risk
• Involved in driving continuous process improvement to increase member experience quality; increase revenue; minimize financial risk and maintain high operational efficiency
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Experience working in a customer facing role, preferably for a large financial services organization
• Basic skill to accurately and effectively complete a credit memo
• Basic skill in presenting loan packages to underwriting and management teams
• Working knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, rules and regulations
• Basic relationship cultivation, sales and consulting skills
• Basic skill comprehending, analyzing and explaining multiple, less complex loan programs, and financing options
• Basic skill applying lending principles, financial practices and evaluation of creditworthiness to make credit decisions
• Effective skill managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
• Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
• Experience in working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, merchants, vendors
• Effective skill building relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy and tact
• Effective skill interacting with staff, management, vendors and members diplomatically and tactfully
• Effective skill comprehending, analyzing, interpreting, communicating and applying governmentfinancial industry regulations
• Effective research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Effective skill maintaining accuracy with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
• Effective skill compiling, organizing and presenting information clearly and concisely
• Effective skill working independently and in a team environment
• Effective verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Effective word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software skills (e.g., Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Associate degree in Finance, Economics, or Business Administration
• Working knowledge of Navy Federal’s functions, philosophy, operations and organizational objectives
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $23.00 - $35.50 hourly
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.