YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To concept, design, and produce marketing and corporate communications campaigns and related artwork in support of Navy Federal products and services in adherence with corporate strategies and brand standards. Consistently and independently generate a large volume of great ideas, oscillate from concept to execution seamlessly, and think/move at the speed of culture. Serve as subject matter expert to provide advanced knowledge of marketing design principles, development standards, techniques and methodologies and ability to apply them, ensuring a great user experience and alignment with the organization’s overall objectives. Offer guidance to lower-level team members. Apply in-depth professional-level knowledge to make an impact on business and people through strategic and creative excellence.
• Create, manage, and produce digital design solutions for a variety of issues: website, product graphics, email templates, social media graphics, brand campaigns, photography, and video/animation using various platforms (Adobe Software, AEM, Salesforce, etc.)
• Develop and execute designs layouts and visual branding in both print and digital media that support products, services, and objectives
• Participate in strategic/conceptual development meetings with clients to determine project requirements, objectives, and creative direction
• Work closely with clients as a Trusted Advisor to develop materials that meet/exceed their needs and expectations and comply with branding, trademark and other company and industry standards
• Conduct research, conceptualize, and develop several strong, persuasive ideas demonstrating how you design to solve customer needs and that address the goals and purpose of the Credit Union
• Ideate concepts, create initial design sketches, and follow art direction to produce marketing materials utilizing typography, illustration, animation, video, and layout skills
• Serve as a creative, innovative resource and point of contact for management on design and branding standards, vendor selection and production methods and timelines
• Monitor assigned projects to ensure that goals and objectives are completed according to schedule; collaborate with project teams to ensure all business needs are met
• Incorporate and leverage best industry practices while maintaining alignment with Navy Federal goals and capabilities
• Research and maintain knowledge of emerging technologies, graphic design trends, new methodologies and best practices through professional associations, conferences, and trainings. Recommend solutions that align with business goals.
• Support print specifications, digital files, and conversion of file formats for Print On-Demand, laser forms, etc.
• Collaborate with clients to develop materials that meet their needs/preferences in compliance with advertising regulations, copyright/trademark laws and policies, and Navy Federal's corporate culture
• Design day-to-day communications and corporate-wide promotional materials
• Monitor ongoing digital media communication projects to assure timeliness of delivery; provides project status updates to clients and leadership
• Participate in strategic/conceptual development meetings with clients and supervisor to determine project requirements and objectives
• Assist with analysis and development of new and innovative ways to improve member service using Website and other forms of media to enhance marketing communications
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual communications, interactive media involving design or development of computer programs/applications or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Must have an active portfolio of work samples.
• Proven hands-on experience with mainstream InDesign desktop publishing programs, Adobe programs (XD, Experience Manager, Illustrator, Audition, Lightroom, Animate, etc), SalesForce Marketing Cloud, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Dreamweaver, and Keynote
• Expert knowledge of marketing communication principles in designing Web Pages
• Expert skill in creating interaction designs that have strong application to our members through visual design and interaction behavior using HTML, scripting languages and related software applications
• Experience with Social Media content design, creative trends, and best practices
• Expert skill in MAC and PC Web design applications and skill in manipulating files in both
• Ability to create interactive media that adheres to overall user-experience goals
• Ability to act independently while exercising initiative and judgment and to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Experience with Digital Accessibility
• Ability to compile, organize and present information clearly and concisely Ability to think conceptually and visualize strategic decisions
• Expert skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Expert skill exercising professionalism, composure under pressure, and flexibility
• Ability to give and receive constructive feedback, and push designs to next level
• Expert verbal and written communication Extensive experience in working and participating in cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams and projects
• Expert research, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Desired – Working knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies, and procedures
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $26.50 - $41.00 hourly
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.