YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To respond to inquiries and requests from members and other individuals within a 24/7 high volume, schedule-driven and structured contact center operation (CCO). Provide information regarding Navy Federal products and services demonstrating knowledge, active listening, multiple system adaptability and engagement methods to ensure optimal member experience and customer service. Perform transactions or related functions for mortgage and/or other Navy Federal accounts. May perform transactions or related functions for savings, checking, consumer loans, credit cards, IRAs and/or other Navy Federal accounts. To advise members of other products and services that may fit their needs and provide opportunities for positive member interaction.
• Provide mortgage information to members regarding products, services, policies and rates
• Respond to inquiries about mortgage applications, processing status, problems and concerns
• Review and evaluate mortgage loan applications to ensure viability (member’s debt to income ratio and compensating factors) and compliance with Federal and Navy Federal guidelines, etc.
• Implement and update automatic member payment options for mortgage and equity loans
• Provide member service (Customer Service) via phone or other media (e.g. email, chat, etc.)
• Protect and verify identity of caller; review account information for alerts and account irregularities
• Take action and respond to situations/patterns of activity indicating potential fraud or abuse
• Understand and comply with federal and other regulations relating to financial products and services
• Analyze, research and resolve problems and discrepancies related to member accounts/loans
• Counsel current prospective members about Navy Federal’s products and services
• Execute first call resolution; may require research, follow-up, return calls
• Identify opportunities to cross service products and increase product penetration
• Perform account transactions
• Initiate fee adjustments and/or other monetary incentives for members within scope of authority
• Effectively perform all duties required for MSRs – CCO
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted
• Incumbent will be required, prior to the assumption of employment duties, to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry; includes fingerprinting and background checks
• Experience in member/customer service preferably in a call center, retail banking or financial institution
• Effective skill in producing desired results and achieving goals and objectives
• Effective skill maintaining composure in a high production and changing environment
• Effective skill navigating multiple screens and PC applications and adapting to new technologies
• Effective skill performing basic mathematical calculations and working accurately with numbers
• Effective active listening skills to accurately respond to inquiries and account requests
• Experience in managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
• Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Effective skill building effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy and tact
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Effective skill interacting tactfully and effectively in difficult situations
• Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
• Effective skill in resolving member/customer problems
• Desired - Experience in the mortgage lending industry
• Desired - Experience in high volume call center situations
• Desired - Working knowledge of accounting, credit and/or lending principles and techniques
• Desired - Working knowledge of NFCU Contact Center procedures, policies and practices
• Desired - Familiarity with savings and checking products, accounts and services
• Desired - Familiarity with applicable NCUA and federal regulations governing consumer lending, credit cards, mortgage and equity loans, and/or savings and checking accounts
• Desired - Familiarity with NFCU mortgage products, services, programs, policies and procedures
• Desired - Experience in a sales, cross selling or up-selling environment
Hours: Start times vary, starting at 11AM ET
Location: 141 Security Dr, Winchester, VA 22602
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position. The salary range for this position is: $19.50 - $25.50.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. Please indicate the employee who referred you when applying.