YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To manage internal audits of financial, operational, compliance and technical controls for timely and accurate completion of overall objectives and initiatives. Lead and set clear direction to ensure goals & objectives align with department and company strategies. Oversee audit and examination activities of external auditors and NCUA examiners. Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and established internal policies and procedures.
• Plan annual audits for the organization based on business needs
• Align division plans with corporate level plans to ensure seamless and integrated approach to implementation of findings
• Ensure the auditor-in-charge defines expectations (controls analysis) for each audit project including audit objectives, initial planning activities, key contacts, and scope of project
• Manage and approve audit scope and detailed audit test plans to ensure completeness and compliance with Internal Audit (IA) Standards
• Oversee progress of audit projects and intercede as needed when difficulties/roadblocks are encountered
• Consult with key strategic partners to achieve goals and facilitate team building, issue escalation, and consensus to further audit objectives
• Develop programs, databases, and systems for IA improved efficiency and use, including implementation of continuous auditing techniques
• Obtain post-audit feedback from senior management to ensure findings are appropriately addressed and resolved within the timeframes requested
• Review and evaluate audit reports to ensure that findings and recommendations are reasonable, effective and prepared in accordance with Internal Audit Standards
• Identify changes in regulatory practices related to IA issues and communicate information to senior management and staff
• Serve on projects related to the development and improvement of systems, products and procedures
• Assist with risk analysis and preparation of IA plan/calendar
• Ensure external auditors and examiners are satisfied with audit procedures and audit findings
• Review and analyze risk exposure for the credit union and plans accordingly by prioritizing IA issues
• Drive change management and process improvement efforts through collaboration and analysis of department objectives
• Represent the department, acting on behalf of department leadership, as liaison and spokesperson to Navy Federal committees, other Departments and senior management regarding all areas of matters
• May oversee and manage the Branch Office audit function
• Perform supervisory/managerial responsibilities
• Ensure adequate/skilled staffing; select employees
• Establish performance goals and priorities
• Prepare, conduct and review performance appraisals
• Develop, mentor and counsel staff
• Provide input and/or prepare budget requirements for Annual Financial Plan (AFP)
• Ensure section/branch goals and objectives align with division/department strategy
• Ensure efficiency of operations
• Leadership Level – Supervise daily activities
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or related field, or the equivalent combination of experience, education and training
• Extensive knowledge of financial/operational analysis which includes expertise in analyzing effectiveness and accuracy of complex financial matters and risk-based auditing techniques
• Expert knowledge of the internal audit function and processes, preferably in a financial institution
• Expert knowledge of Internal Controls concepts and practices and risk-based auditing techniques
• Extensive experience supervising and leading professional employees
• Extensive experience managing multi-dimensional teams and projects of great complexity which involve organization, holding strategy and status meetings, planning, motivating and managing the work of participants
• Expert skill in results-oriented leadership in a challenging environment
• Expert experience demonstrating thought-leadership, initiative-taking, decision-making and creativity solving business problems
• Expert skill presenting to stakeholders & management
• Expert skill building effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy and tact
• Expert analytical thinking skills to include summarizing information and clearly identifying key elements, patterns, results or relationships
• Extensive experience in managing cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams and projects of the highest complexity which have business risk and impact
• Extensive experience in creating, generating and maintaining data, reports, queries, etc.
• Expert skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Expert database and presentation software skills
• Expert word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Expert skill to influence, negotiate and & persuade to reach agreeable exchange & positive outcomes
• Extensive experience working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors
• Master’s degree or related field, or the equivalent combination of experience, education and training
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
• Experience with credit union financials and/or regulations
• Working Knowledge of NFCU products, services, programs, policies and procedures
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $109,900 - $187,900 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.