YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
Support nightly batch process and provide immediate resolution. Able to review COBOL/CICS/DB2/JCL code, document suggestion and provide solution for optimization. Develop and deploy COBOL/CICS/DB2/JCL using SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) methodology in a timely fashion. Able to multitask and prioritize workload in fast-paced operations.
• Comprehensive support of the nightly batch cycle as part of the on-call process
• Strong working knowledge of COBOL/DB2/CICS/JCL
• Analyze, research, code, test and deploy solution as part of the incident resolution process
• Perform technical research and provide solution for process improvement
• Document incident resolutions for future reference using ITSM Knowledge Management tool
• Should be able to work with vendors and members from other teams within the organization
• Communicate effectively on what was done to resolve an incident
• Perform root cause analysis to identify and resolve recurring technical incidents
• Ensure compliance with NFCU and ISD standards and protocols
• Build and maintain a strong relationship with team members and other stakeholders
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Oncall support experience is required
• Oncall support experience
• Extensive knowledge and experience in COBOL, DB2, CICS and JCL
• Ability to work and collaborate with peers and all levels of management, staff and vendors
• Ability to present findings and conclusions clearly and concisely
• Ability to exercise initiative, produce desired results and achieve objectives
• Experience that demonstrates knowledge and skill in domain area (COBOL, DB2, CICS, JCL and troubleshooting
• Effective attention to detail
• Effective planning and organizational skills
• Effective research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including skill in in negotiating and persuading others
• Effectively able to Multitask and support fast paced operations.
• ITSM (Incident Management, Release and Change Management, Problem Management, Knowledge Management)
• Serena Changeman Deployment Tool
• Highly developed communication skills including preparing and presenting results, findings, and work arounds
• Demonstrate skill in exercising initiative and good judgment, and making sound decisions
• Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Knowledge of FIS Core Banking Systems a plus (RM, GN, IM, AM, SC)
• Assembler Knowledge is a plus
Hours: Days and hours ex: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM | On-Call Support required
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602 | Remote
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $72,300 - $123,500 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.