YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To provide day-to-day support, design, develop, implement, and maintain new IT solutions for assigned Navy Federal development efforts in compliance with NFCU standards, processes, and procedures. Follow the system Development Lifecycle (SDLC) or applicable Agile Methodology. Changes and enhancements to existing solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies.
• Identifies, analyzes, designs, develops, and maintains cost-effective information technology solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies, including security and integrity of all NFCU systems.
• Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating systems environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external controls, and output.
• Provides subject matter expertise and mentorship/training in developing system software code, documentation, software testing, implementation and deployment, warranty support using commonly known best practices while adhering to NFCU standards and policies regarding software development.
• Participates in enhancing performance and availability of designed system solutions.
• Responsible for consistent, concise, relevant, reliable, and timely information to all appropriate internal and external stakeholders (technical and non-technical) through a variety of communication channels.Additional Responsibilities:
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with SDLC, Application Development, EA, CCRM, DBA, Data, and Security standards and procedures.
• Supports the Requirements Analysts team in the development of the Software Requirements Document (SRD).
• Applies functional knowledge to analyze and resolve complex project solutions.
• Capable of designing, coding, debugging, and maintaining complex software solutions.
• Proactively accumulates and maintains knowledge of current and emerging/evolving technologies, concepts, and trends in the IT field.
• Provides input on improving or enhancing existing organizational processes based on lessons learned and experiences from project work.
• Performs root cause analysis to quickly identify and resolve issues causing recurring technical problems.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education training and experience.
• Solid hands-on experience building green field cloud native applications for both on premise and off premise cloud environments. This experience should include building cloud applications for a containerized environment such as Kubernetes or Pivotal Cloud Foundry utilizing its tiles and services for both TAS and TKG environments
• Advanced experience and programming knowledge in distributed Java, Java EE and Servlets, Struts, JSP, JSF, JSTL, JMS, JNDI, JDBC, JAXB, ORMs (Hibernate, Ibatis, Mybatis), build automation scripts (Maven, Ant) and automated testing (Junit, Mockito)
• Hands-on experience in building applications with scripting frameworks like Angular, React.js and Vue.js.
• Advanced experience/knowledge in Web Services, including: WSDL; SOAP/XML based web services, RESTful web services and Micro Services.
• Knowledge and experience in using IntelliJ, Visual Studio Code and/or Eclipse as a development IDEs. Recent experience using GIT or GITHUB for source control.
• Strong knowledge of network concepts such as DNS, Firewalls, SSL certificates and protocols like HTTP, HTTPS and SSH. Knowledge and demonstrated experience in building secure applications.
• XML technology experience such as XSD, XPath, XQuery, XSLT, etc.
• Strong analytical, planning, and technical problem-solving skills.
• Advanced ability to prioritize, plan, and organize tasks, resolving conflicting requests and meeting changing requirements.
• Effective skill in using Microsoft® Office suite: Word; Excel; PowerPoint; SharePoint, etc.
• Exposure and knowledge to agile tools such as JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, Azure ADO and other collaborative tools.
• Recent experience using Test Driven development in an agile environment.
• Experience/Knowledge of JSF UI frameworks such as Primefaces, IceFaces or RichFaces.
• Experience with IBM Datapower, IBM MQ and IBM Integration Bus (IIB).
• Familiarity with financial industry.
• Effective skills with Microsoft® .NET Framework and C#, VB.NET.
• Knowledge of NFCU operations, processes, and procedures
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602 | Remote
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $72,300 - $135,700 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.