YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To oversee and direct the functions of the Enterprise Data Governance branch. To implement, mature, and champion the enterprise data governance framework. Drive strategy development efforts throughout Navy Federal and develop and maintain measurement systems to monitor progress toward enterprise objectives and goals. Plays a critical role in understanding the landscape to efficiently create and implement a governance model/direction to be followed by the organization’s stakeholders.
• Assume responsibility/accountability for the leadership, direction, and management of Navy Federal’s Data Governance Program branch
• Lead the development of a strategic governance framework for managing the organization’s data assets
• Drive the assessment of the quality, validity, usefulness, and dependencies of all the data systems and ensure appropriate data management and data governance principles
• Develop and continuously enhance a strategy for collecting, storing, accessing, archiving, and controlling data, including third-party dependencies
• Develop relationships with key technical/non-technical stakeholders to gain input, concurrence and results in execution and change management objectives
• Create strong partnerships with stakeholders throughout the organization
• Collaborate with internal business units, subject matter experts, industry peers, and management consulting firms to conduct market research and environmental scans
• Identify and engage stakeholders and clarify accountabilities regarding enterprise information management.
• Identify new business opportunities pertaining to the use of information assets to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in the marketplace; represent data as a strategic business asset to Senior Management
• Provide clear direction to ensure branch goals & objectives align with department and organizational priorities
• Maintain comprehensive knowledge and understanding of applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations that apply to data management and data privacy
• Ensure compliance with relevant state and federal laws and regulations
• Sponsor and champion the data governance standards throughout the organization
• Perform supervisory/managerial duties
o Ensure adequate/skilled staffing; select employees
o Establish performance goals and priorities
o Prepare, conduct and review performance appraisals
o Develop, mentor and counsel staff
o Leverage internal recognition to incent and reward team members for effort and results
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Information Management, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Extensive experience in leading and overseeing an enterprise-wide data governance and risk activities in a large organization, preferably in a large financial services organization
• Extensive experience in developing business or technology strategy and advanced skill influencing and guiding strategic thinking
• Extensive experience in project leadership and execution, including initiatives with technology, processes, cross- functional teams and external partner team members
• Expert skill in building strategic and execution-focused plans and alliances with partner leadership in a federated operating culture
• Extensive experience in creating, implementing and maintaining operational policies, standards and procedures related to managing data protection and governance programs
• Expert knowledge and understanding of federal and state laws, rules and regulations governing data privacy and protection
• Expert knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
• Expert knowledge of data lifecycle activities such as data definitions, data lineage and implementation of a data quality management framework
• Extensive experience with data governance practices, data privacy, and business and technology issues related to technical data management of enterprise information assets
• Expert skill in results-oriented leadership in a challenging environment
• Expert consultative, conflict resolution, negotiation and facilitation skills to gain consensus and reach agreeable exchange and positive outcomes
• Extensive experience in supervising and leading professional employees
• Extensive experience promoting a culture of innovation, efficiency, and continuous improvement
• Extensive skill delivering effective presentations to groups of various sizes and productively communicate to stakeholders, team members, and leaders
• Extensive experience in driving change management and influencing organizational culture and values
• Advanced skill in being adaptive/flexible; acquire, recognize & apply new information
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Significant experience with credit union financials and/or NCUA regulations
• Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal functions, philosophy, operations and organizational objective
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna VA 22180
*Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
*Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.