YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2021 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• 2021 People Companies that Care
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
As an ISD Engineer III, the candidate would understand the business requirements, abstract the requirements, and design a configurable, extensible, scalable, performant, robust solution.
The person will be responsible for providing technical solutions to evolve existing applications, ensuring the designed solutions are workable by coding or piloting in key modules, and being agile and innovative to solve business problems. Individuals in this role will work on multiple highly complex projects and require technical knowledge of cloud architecture approach and have experience of cloud technology stack. In this role, the candidate will be expected to work on multiple projects and be able to collaborate in multiple engagements across the product teams.
Positions in this function would be responsible for delivering professional level technical work in support of the development of applications, tools, platforms and services. The person would need to operate within established methodologies, procedures, and guidelines and apply knowledge of principles and techniques to solve technical problems. Work is self-directed and not prescribed. Work involves understanding the customer’s business challenges and coming up with solutions to solve the problem with enhanced features and process flows while including advanced technology components and working with system implementors and vendors.
The candidate must be experienced in various architecture patterns, have participated in the full Software Development Life Cycle (requirements, Design, Development, Deployment, and Support) and Agile SaFE methodologies, Be Able to Communicate Solution Requirements and Architecture with Technical and Non-technical Stakeholders. This role also requires outstanding communications skills.
• Be part of a team that works with the development and integration of Finance product technologies with respect to application/enterprise capabilities and software for multiple on-going projects; collaborating closely with enterprise and solution architects, aligning to most current strategies.
• Responsible for systems analysis, design, development, integration, enhancement, and deployment as well as application support for various applications
• Manage the deployment of new modules, upgrades and fixes
• Define, develop or modify software application modules or enterprise-wide software systems using disciplined development processes
• Implement integration plans and interface with testing teams to incorporate plans into the integration testing process
• Research, evaluate, recommend, and implement information technology that aligns with business needs and meets objectives
• Use holistic knowledge of all products in the information technology ecosystem to plan how new systems will be built and integrated
• Install, maintain, and perform configuration of infrastructure applications
• Review solutions to ensure alignment with customer objectives, organization guidelines/benchmarks and industry best practices
• Provide technical direction and leadership routinely to other engineers; serve as a coach and mentor
• Identify potential problems in design, quality, or operation and initiate corrective action
• Identify opportunities to effectively mitigate risk and improve performance and functionality
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• The position will require technical development skills and have thorough understanding of the development lifecycle, including software design, development, testing, and support of web applications
• Experience in SQL (Oracle or MS SQL)
• Experience with modern network enabled relational databases
• Some experience with private, public and hybrid cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud, etc.)
• Advanced knowledge of project lifecycles and management methodologies
• Experience with Agile software development practices including SaFE, Scrum, JIRA, Peer Review, ADO, Git and CI/CD
• Knowledge of discipline engineering principles, practices, and theories, and methods to identify and solve the highest complex problems and perform sophisticated analyses
• Significant experience leading systems analysis, design, and architecture efforts
• Knowledge and understanding of the end-to-end IT process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations
• Troubleshooting skills and ability to identify root causes of issues and provide solutions
• Knowledge in cloud migration and engineering cloud centric environments
• Self-motivated and proactive, able to learn quickly and apply new concepts, tools and applications
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex system/integration problems through innovative solutions
• Advanced problem solving, collaboration, critical thinking, team building, and presentation skills
• Advanced skill applying innovative approaches to solve technical design issues
• Expert verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
• Knowledge and understanding of Finance or Accounting
• Advanced knowledge of banking/financial industry trends, products, and services
• Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies and procedures
• Technical certifications for Pega, AEC, Dynamics 365, and/or Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
• Experience with Oracle Fusion (Oracle Cloud ERP)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602
*Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report onsite 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting onsite will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and onboarding process.
Salary: The salary range for this position is: $83,100 - $142,000 Annually
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.