YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To monitor, research, analyze, and interpret relevant federal and state laws and regulations relating to compliance with laws and regulations to ensure policies and practices comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
This role may be specialized in areas such as privacy, information security, procurement/vendor management, cloud banking, digital transformation (developing and improving new and existing member experiences using modern technologies, channels, and frameworks), as well as other areas relating to credit union business activities. The following laws are used to advise and inform the business units: Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and its implementing regulations; Right to Financial Privacy Act; Unfair, Deceptive, Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP) standards; Fair Debt Collections Practices Act; Equal Credit Opportunity Act; Truth in Lending Act; Truth in Savings Act; Fair Credit Reporting Act; Telephone Communications Practices Act; Regulation Z; Regulation E and applicable state laws.
• Ensures products, services, and operations are in compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
• Works closely with Digital, Enterprise Transformation Office, Security, Procurement/Vendor Management, Office of General Counsel, and other departments.
• Represents Compliance on cross-functional working groups pertaining to various subject matters, coordinating with other subject matter experts as necessary.
• Employs technical compliance expertise to resolve complex compliance issues.
• Counsels and advises management and operating units on requirements of applicable laws and regulations.
• Selects, analyzes, and disseminates applicable compliance information to appropriate management and operating units.
• Prepares written and oral analyses, reports and other communications for management and operating units.
• Leads teams to implement new or changed compliance requirements.
• Participates on teams to develop compliant products and services.
• Emphasizes compliance in regular contacts throughout the organization.
• Monitors, researches, and analyzes federal and state laws and regulations, legislative and regulatory proposals, legislative agendas, legislator activities, trade association efforts, and other third party activities to make recommendations to senior management on complex positions and courses of action consistent with organizational mission, strategic plan, and operations.
• Assesses internal input and external stances on proposed legislation and regulations.
• Summarizes the issues, as appropriate, requests input, and distributes copies of proposed legislation and regulations to management.
• Responds to various compliance inquiries from the organizations’ operating units.
• Conducts internal compliance reviews. Advises appropriate managers and supervisors of findings. Recommends corrective actions.
• Maintains liaison with external groups and represents in external meetings as appropriate.
• Performs other duties as required or appropriate.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Experience in researching and analyzing complex laws and regulations, staff commentaries, legal opinions, court decisions and other documentation and the analysis of operations to determine and ensure compliance.
• Ability to support and promote an effective, ongoing credit union regulatory compliance program.
• Thorough knowledge of compliance issues, laws and regulations impacting financial institutions, such as Privacy and Data Protection;; unfair, deceptive, abusive acts or practices (UDAAP) standards; Equal Credit Opportunity Act; etc.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex issues both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated highly effective interpersonal skills for working closely with internal organizational units and for effective representation of organizational positions on issues with external parties and groups.
• Ability to lead and manage projects.
• Ability to work independently on multiple issues concurrently and to exercise independent judgment in establishing priorities.
• Ability to organize work, make sound decisions and exercise good judgment
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Graduate or law degree in related area.
• Working knowledge of UCC, privacy laws such as the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018/California Privacy Rights Act, Regulation E (Electronic Funds Transfer Act), Fair Credit Reporting Act, Americans With Disabilities Act, Truth in Lending Act, and Vendor Oversight.
• Familiarity with contract negotiation.
• Experience in conducting monitoring and assessing risk associated with regulatory compliance issues.
• Experience with data collection and management, including Sharepoint, Excel, etc.
• Thorough knowledge of the current and future challenges facing the credit union movement.
• Certification as a credit union compliance professional by a widely recognized certification authority.
Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: Headquarters - 820 Follin Lane Vienna, Virginia 22180
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
The salary range for this position is: $116,800.00 - $163,500.00 annually
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.