YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
We are seeking a senior Java developer with extensive experience designing, developing, and implementing end-to-end distributed solutions in public cloud and on-prem platforms. This role will collaborate with architecture, platform, technology product, and digital payments business teams to deliver new payment products and enhancements to existing products that align with business initiatives and enterprise strategies. The ideal candidate will be familiar with digital payment technologies and trends and have experience developing and implementing payment solutions.
• Design, develop, and implement new digital payments products and enhancements to existing products.
• Partner with business and technical product owners, business systems analysts, scrum masters, and developers to maintain the product backlog including identifying business and technical requirements (e.g., features, stories, enablers, etc.).
• Develop implementation plans and manage the change/release management process for production and non-production deployments.
• Develop and maintain technical product documentation including architecture diagrams.
• Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot systems and applications post-implementation.
• Conduct peer design and code reviews providing guidance and direction on design and development practices.
• Prepare test data, conduct unit testing, and debug code.
• Identify technical impediments in design, development, operations and determine corrective action.
• Identify opportunities to mitigate risk and improve functionality, performance, and security.
• Conduct research and analysis; make recommendations.
• Research emerging technologies and recommend solutions that align with business goals.
• Partner with business and technical product owners to evaluate product capabilities and provide guidance to product roadmap and strategy.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues, work across teams to develop and implement solutions and provide technical support and consultation.
• Lead and mentor team members on technical direction, design, and development approach.
• Collaborate on the development of standards and best practices.
• Work in cross-functional Agile / Scrum product development teams.
• Contribute to incident / problem root cause analysis.
• Serve as an advisor to senior management to support decision making.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, related degree, or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
• Significant experience and knowledge of software development practices including designing, developing, testing, debugging, and implementing distributed applications and systems.
• Significant experience with object-oriented programming languages with specific emphasis on Java.
• Significant experience with Java Enterprise Edition (J2EE/JEE), Spring Framework, and Hibernate.
• Significant experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
• Significant experience with web service, microservice, API development including REST and SOAP architecture patterns.
• Significant experience with relational database platforms (e.g., Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2).
• Significant experience with enterprise cloud data platforms (e.g., Azure SQL, Azure Cosmos, Azure Data Lake).
• Experience with developing and deploying applications to MS Azure or other public cloud platforms.
• Expert knowledge and experience with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Expert research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Expert skill in systems, workflow, and procedural analysis.
• Expert organizational, planning, and time management skills.
• Expert verbal and written communication skills.
• Advanced knowledge of secure coding practices.
• Advanced skill applying innovative approaches to solve technical design issues.
• Advanced skill in troubleshooting and resolving technical problems.
• Advanced experience with Agile software development practices.
• Ability to influence and guide strategic thinking to deliver business outcomes.
• Ability to resolve conflicting requests and quickly adapt to changing requirement
• Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related degree.
• Experience with IBM DataPower, IBM MQ, IBM Integration Bus (IIB), and IBM WebSphere.
• Experience with implementing APIs on the MuleSoft Anypoint platform.
• Experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices.
• Experience writing and evaluating user stories and acceptance criteria written in Gherkin to support Test-Driven and Behavior-Driven Development (TDD/BDD).
• Advanced knowledge of financial/banking industry standards, open banking standards, regulations, and practices.
• Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies, and procedures
• Advanced knowledge and experience working with or implementing payment processing systems (e.g., ACH, Wires, RTP, Zelle).
• Certifications: Java SE/EE Oracle Certified Professional, Azure Developer Associate
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602 | Remote
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $83,100 - $142,000 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.