YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
The Summer Associate will report to the Manager of the Lending Technology Product Delivery Team within Lending Systems. The Lending Technology Product Delivery Team (LTPD) is composed of Program Managers, Business Systems Analysts, and Project Coordinators located in Vienna, VA and Pensacola, FL.
The Lending Technology Product Delivery team supports all Lending Divisions with delivery of large, complex projects and programs. Other responsibilities include management of the Lending Universal Backlog, standardization of processes across lending, project/program reporting, and facilitation of agile ceremonies.
The Summer Associate Graduate Intern Program is a 10+ week graduate internship program beginning in May 2023 and ending in August 2023. The intention of this program is to hire graduate interns who prove their aptitude into full time roles following graduation. To qualify for this position, applicants must be currently pursuing a graduate or PhD level degree from an accredited college or university with an anticipated graduation date of December 2023 or later.
****A requirement of this position is you must be currently enrolled in college level courses or a degree-seeking program throughout the duration of the internship. Please upload your transcripts by clicking the “Attach Cover Letter" button during your application.
• The Summer Associate will partner with Project Managers/Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches and Release
Train Engineers to assist teams and lending stakeholders with the transformation to agile delivery for the
Lending Portfolio. This will include scaling of existing agile teams into an Agile Release Train (ART).
• The Summer Associate will partner with enterprise Change Managers and training staff to ensure change
readiness for Business and Technology teams, specifically for large platform replacements within Lending.
• The Summer Associate will lead initiatives to document, standardize, and streamline processes across the
Lending portfolio. The standardization of processes will create efficiencies and provide a similar experience
for all stakeholders.
• Currently pursuing a graduate degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Business Analytics,
Finance, or other related degree
• Demonstrated skills in project management and/or business analysis
• Highly developed communication skills both written and verbal including preparing and presenting
presentation results, sharing findings and alternatives, and influencing management decision making
• Familiarity/experience with technology concepts and practices, and project/program/portfolio management
tools, concepts, and practices
• Familiarity/experience with Lean/Agile concept and practices
• Relationship building, negotiation and facilitation skills
• Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to clearly present findings to
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively with external contacts and all levels of
management and staff
• Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Strong database, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software skills (e.g., Microsoft Access,
Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: Remote | 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Drive, Winchester, VA 22602
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $41.00 - $46.00 hourly
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. Within this range, pay will be determined based on factors such as individual qualifications, location, and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.