YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To provide financial consulting services to assist members and non-members with identifying their financial goals and objectives. Acts as a catalyst for the promotion and growth of NFFG products and services. Recommends appropriate mixture(s) of insurance/investment products and services to achieve the financial client’s goals as a registered representative/advisor/agent of Navy Federal Financial Group (NFFG) and subsidiaries, or incumbent financial firms. Manages more complex, high dollar volume, and larger member bases. Mentors and trains Associate Financial Advisors in more advanced financial counseling to support higher volume complex member bases and/or Credit Union Registered Member Service Representatives when assigned.
• Administer and document account activity and execution per NFFG process and procedures and FINRA, NASAA, SEC regulations
• Conduct periodic review of accounts to communicate account status, explain activities and keep clients aware of new offerings
• Develop a pipeline of internal/external referral sources in compliance with Navy Federal policies and procedures and guidelines
• Establish, maintain, and develop business relationships with members and internal/external sources in assigned territory
• Execute customer and broker purchase /sales orders of securities for current/new clients
• Focus consulting for products and services supported by Registered Investment Advisory Firm in support of current market/ industry shift to managed assets and align with member needs
• Identify prospective participation partners/opportunities through prospect calling, networking, and leveraging existing participation business
• Keep current with research legislative and industry updates to identify areas for market growth/opportunities, and/or potential concerns impacting NFFG clients and/or business environment
• Monitor accounts to ensure accurate processing, identifies discrepancies, errors/concerns and take remedial actions
• Monitor, track and report performance of individual sales plans and assigned strategies
• Participate in development and implementation of new/enhanced processes and financial planning
• Participate in site audits of registered duties, documentation and processes comply with Navy Federal standards and FINRA, NASAA, SEC and other regulatory agencies
• Perform in-depth on-going research to acquire new accounts in assigned territory to increase market share
• Plan/conduct life insurance and investment seminars and initiates cross marketing for clients and prospects to grow market penetration of NFFG product services
• Prepare standard/special reports required by FINRA, NASAA and SEC, participates in industry and/or internal audits
• Provide investment consultation related to investment products, life insurance services and related quotes, document preparation and required regulatory filings
• Provide investment industry expertise to client investment consultations and servicing of investment products, stocks, bonds, annuities, mutual funds, managed accounts, and related securities
• Performs other duties as assigned or appropriate
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Advanced analytical, decision-making, problem-solving and organization skills skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Advanced interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
• Advanced planning, organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
• Advanced skill building effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy, and tack
• Advanced skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Advanced skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives, and information clearly and concisely
• Advanced skill to influence, negotiate and persuade to reach agreeable exchange and positive outcomes
• Appointment by the sponsoring insurance company, broker-dealer and/or Registered Investment Advisory Firm
• Current and active FINRA Series 6, 7, NASAA Series 65 or 66 (and NASAA Series 63 in states where required) registration and Life & Health Insurance License
• Experience in business development to include market strategy, product demonstration and promoting products and services
• Extensive experience consulting with customers to access their financial status and identify investment needs
• Extensive knowledge of investment and insurance products
• Extensive knowledge, to interpret industry related laws and government regulations
• Proficiency with PCs and spreadsheet, database, word processing applications, and financial analysis software tools
• Significant experience working as an adult facilitator, trainer, development coach, and/or internal consultant
• Significant leadership experience to mentor less experienced Financial Advisors
• Thorough understanding of economic and accounting principles and practices, financial markets, banking and analysis and reporting of financial data
• Willingness to pursue CFP, ChFC, or CLU designation after one year of successful employment
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Management or related discipline or related professional experience
• Knowledge of Navy Federal/NFFG organization, programs, policies and procedures
• Active designations e.g. CFP, ChFC, CLU
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Location: 32885 State Route 20 Oak Harbor, WA 98277
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $55,000-$75,000 Base Pay + Variable Compensation Pay + Annual Incentive
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. If an employee referred you for this job, please apply using the system-generated link that was sent to you.