YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To plan and supervise the Security Fraud Systems functions to maintain and support a case management system and its backend SQL Server database warehouse. This supervisory role will work with IT personnel, product owners, and business units in support of technical troubleshooting, maintenance, and enhancements of the fraud systems ecosystem. Train and guide several direct reports in their daily tasks. Lead and drive process improvement and technologies solutions.
• Manage and guide systems analysts to perform technical duties in support of a case management system and its SQL Server database warehouse.
• Lead efforts to provide systems support and troubleshooting to the fraud systems
• Oversee and coordinate recovery operations in the event of system failure
• Drive collaboration with cross functional teams to enhance automated fraud mitigation efforts
• Effectively lead technical initiatives and analyze, plan, and implementation of fraud systems by partnering with internal IT personnel and vendors
• Lead efforts to conduct process mappings of fraud systems to develop efficiencies and drive process improvements
• Balance technical priorities with business needs, team capabilities, Security Fraud Division’s missions
• Monitor internal processes and perform quality control to ensure adherence to regulations, navy Federal policies, and industry practices
• Manage incident response standards, related training requirements, and processes and procedures to ensure quality response to various forms of security issues (i.e., fraud) and resolve/achieve maximum protection of members’ assets
• Manage projects of varied scope
• Interact with and support internal business customers
• Collaborate with business partners to create performance metrics and KPIs that provide insight on key trends impacting performance in various functional areas
• Experienced to perform qualitative and quantitative analysis using analytical techniques, tools, models, simulation, etc.
• Research, gather and synthesize data; present conclusions and recommendations to management and/or team members
• Lead and manage administration of key systems
• Identify business requirements (needs, objectives, functions, features, input & output)
• Experienced to provide input to management to create, improve, and implement effective fraud policies, procedures, and policy changes to fraud detection systems
• Lead to conduct the research and implementation of industry best practices by keeping current with fraud communications, publications, and meetings/seminars to communicate/apply latest trends and preventative action
• Perform supervisory/managerial responsibilities
• Ensure adequate/skilled staffing; select employees
• Establish performance goals and priorities
• Prepare, conduct, and review performance appraisals
• Develop, mentor and counsel staff
• Provide input and/or prepare budget requirements for Annual Financial Plan (AFP)
• Ensure section/branch goals and objectives align with division/department strategy
• Ensure efficiency of operations
• Leadership Level
• Perform other related duties as assigned or appropriate
• Master’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Significant experience in using Node.js and various IDEs, including VS Code, Eclipse, and Visual Studio Professional
• Strong experience developing and working with APIs
• Extensive experience of systems or software development with Microsoft SQL Server or Azure as its database and corresponding suite of tools
• Expertise in using GIT or ADO for source control
• Advanced experience in various phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Project team management skills
• Working knowledge of strategic and financial planning, business process mapping and re-engineering
• Advanced skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Advanced organizational, planning and time management skills
• Experience in supervising and leading employees
• Effective skill in results-oriented leadership in a challenging environment
• Experience working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors
• Effective skill of key research methods, including data mining, forecasting, and applied statistics
• Experience leading projects and/or initiatives of small to medium scope
• Skill in research methods e.g., survey design/sampling/data mining/statistical analysis
• Working knowledge of Federal/state laws, industry regulations, and Navy Federal policies related to division functions
• Desired - Working knowledge of fraud detection and related systems
• Desired - Experience in ETL development framework and/or Azure ecosystem
• Desired - Thorough knowledge and understanding of NFCU programs, policies, procedures, products, services, and organization, and their relationships
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm (Hours could vary for production support)
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $95,600 to $163,500 Annual Salary
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.