YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
The Branch Operations Risk Office is responsible for overseeing the department's business risk by providing oversight and guidance. The Risk Office serves as the primary liaison for Compliance, Internal Audit, Security, business continuity, and third-party risk. Reporting to the Risk Office is the Operational Risk team, which collaborates with business partners to implement Branch Operations' strategy for achieving operational soundness while maintaining a high-quality service experience. The objectives of the Branch Operations Risk Office are to:
• Enhance risk strategy
• Embed risk management in our day-to-day business
• Monitor and enhance controls to improve performance results
• Optimize risk management functions
The Summer Associate Graduate Intern Program is a 10+ week graduate internship program beginning in May 2023 and ending in August 2023. The intention of this program is to hire graduate interns who prove their aptitude into full time roles following graduation. To qualify for this position, applicants must be currently pursuing a graduate or PhD level degree from an accredited college or university with an anticipated graduation date of December 2023 or later.
****A requirement of this position is you must be currently enrolled in college level courses or a degree-seeking program throughout the duration of the internship. Please upload your transcripts by clicking the “Attach Cover Letter" button during your application.
• To review, analyze, and report on Navy Federal’s risk, quality, service, and controls, to improve operational
efficiency and effectiveness, mitigate risk and remediate operational and regulatory vulnerabilities
• Review records of business activities, processes, and procedures for compliance with NFCU’s quality
control standards, regulatory requirements, federal and state laws, and Navy Federal policies and
• Identify potential business risks, operational and regulatory process deficiencies, and improvement
• Make recommendations for additional controls and corrective action to improve the efficiency and
effectiveness of operations and risk mitigation processes
• Partner closely with Operational Risk Analysts to identify opportunities to improve Operational Risk
• Maintain effective communication with other business units and support teams to remediate errors and
assist with implementation of corrective actions related to non compliance with policies and procedures
• Communicate and deliver review results to business partners and other stakeholders
• Maintain clear and organized documentation of review data, status, results, and completion date
• Maintain and update Operational Risk procedural manuals, job aides, and tools
• Prepare reports
• Currently pursuing a graduate degree in Business Administration or other related degree
• Knowledge and understanding of operational and regulatory risk controls concepts and practices
• Knowledge and understanding of risk-based auditing techniques and methodologies
• Effective analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
• Experience with data-driven strategy creation and decision-making
• Effective skill delivering presentations to groups of various sizes
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies/principles (Scrum, XP, Lean etc.)
• Strong communication and collaborative skills
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across the organization
• Experience in managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: Remote | 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Drive, Winchester, VA 22602
Salary Range: $41.00 - $46.00 hourly
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. Within this range, pay will be determined based on factors such as individual qualifications, location, and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.