YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To provide members and prospective members the full range of products and services offered by Navy Federal Credit Union including depository accounts such as checking, savings, certificate IRA, revocable trust, and estate accounts; Lending products; and credit/debit cards. To perform moderately complex platform banking functions under supervision. Provide assistance/training to lower level team members.
• Candidates who complete an application for the position will be sent a required online assessment to the email address listed in the application. Please be sure to check your spam and junk folders if you do not see the email in your inbox.
• Analyze, research, and resolve problems and discrepancies related to member accounts/loans
• Assist members with submitting consumer/mortgage/equity loan, overdraft protection and credit card applications
• Counsel current and prospective members about Navy Federal's products and services
• Ensure cash and other negotiable instruments are handled properly
• Identify opportunities to cross service products and increase product penetration
• Perform platform-banking functions
• Assist level I team members
• Understand and comply with federal and other regulations relating to financial products and services
• May assist with Branch Office vault opening, closing and balancing procedures
• May serve as a Branch Office and/or ATM vault custodian
• Perform other duties as assigned
• May be required to participate and complete specialized training (in Business Services, IRA, MLO, notary, etc.), per business need
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Working knowledge of savings and checking products, accounts, and services
• Effective active listening skills to accurately respond to inquiries and account requests
• Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
• Effective research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Effective skill building effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy, and tact
• Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Effective skill maintaining composure in a high production and changing environment
• Effective skill navigating multiple screens and PC applications and adapting to new technologies
• Effective skill performing mathematical calculations and working accurately with numbers
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Desired - Experience in member/customer service preferably in a call center, retail banking or financial institution
• Desired - Experience in working in a credit union environment
Hours: Monday – Saturday availability, flexible scheduling based on business needs.
Location: 825 Bestgate Road, Annapolis, MD 21401
* Based upon business needs, this position may require working at or transferring permanently to neighboring branches within a reasonable commuting distance.
Salary Range: $20.50 - $24.00 hourly
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 10/24/2022
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.