YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
Develop data sourcing strategies, designs, and implementation for Navy Federal Enterprise Cloud Data Lake. Design, build, and integrate data from various sources in support of predictive and adaptive analytics.
This role will work with product owners and multiple teams to build automated data sourcing pipelines needed to support data lakes in alignment with Navy Federal standards and guidelines, may lead functional teams or projects and solve highly complex problems, taking a broad perspective to identify solutions and technologies.
• Design and implement data frameworks and pipelines to process data from on-premises and cloud data sources to feed into the Azure Data Lake, monitor data quality and implement related controls
• Evaluate existing designs, improve methods, and implement optimizations
• Ensure the security and integrity of solutions including compliance with Navy Federal, industry engineering and Information Security principles and practices
• Analyze and validate data sharing requirements within and outside data partners
• Analyze and interpret collected data; identifying trends; writing reports and recommendations for internal or external clients
• Use statistical practices to analyze current and historical data to make predictions, identify risks, and opportunities enabling better decisions on planned/future events
• Work with business leadership to understand data requirements; propose and develop solutions that enable effective decision-making and drive business objectives
• Prepare project deliverables that are valued by the business and present them in such a manner that they are readily understood by project stakeholders
• Prepare advanced project implementation plans using Agile methodologies, which highlight milestones and deliverables, leveraging standards, practices, and work planning tools
• Recognize potential issues and risks during the analytics project implementation and recommend mitigation strategies
• Document best practices for data analysis, data engineering, and evangelize their usages
• Coach and mentor project team members in carrying out analytics project implementation activities
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
• Hands-on experience creating automated data pipelines using modern technology stacks for batch ETL, data streaming, or change data capture, and for data processing to load advanced analytics data repositories
• Proficient in designing and implementing data integration processes in a large, distributed environment using cloud services e.g., Azure Event Hub, Data Factory, Data Catalog, Databricks, Stream Analytics, Apache Spark
• Experience in designing data lake storage structures, data acquisition, transformation, and distribution processing
• Proficient in developing and operationalizing various data distribution patterns such as APIs, event based, publish/subscribe models
• Experience migrating data lakes from on-premises to cloud
• Experience using the Apache Hadoop technology stack
• Advanced experience in SQL programming
• Proficient in programming languages (e.g., Python, Java)
• Experience with agile delivery using Jira, or Azure DevOps
• Experience monitoring performance of data workflows and infrastructure through use of monitoring tools and enabling alerts
• Functional knowledge of data visualization tools
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to interpret complex mainframe copybooks, and XML data feeds
• Master’s degree in computer science, statistics, or related field
• Experience providing technical and data leadership to application development terms
• Prior experience in the Financial Industry
• Experience using the MS Azure technology stack
• Experience using APIs and data gateways for synchronous/asynchronous data ingestion and distribution
• Experience with data mining, pattern matching, forecasting, sentiment analysis, cluster analysis or similar
• Knowledge of Navy Federal Credit Union instructions, standards, and procedures
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $116,800 to $179,700 Annual
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 11/13/2022
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.